Well I never, "alcantara" linings...

Kathleen37

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
You know, I always thought the "alcantara" linings of the MC line, were suede. It wasn't till I was just looking on the LV UK website (having a peek at the Rift, actually) when I noticed it stated "microfibre lining" rather than the usual "alcantara" lining.

Having done a quick google, it appears that "alcantara" is in fact, "faux suede".

I'm quite ticked off about this, as I remember having a discussion with several SA's in regard to alcantara, when the MC first came out, and they were adamant, alcantara was real suede.

Anyone else realise it was faux?

Thanks

K

Oh.. I've always known it was synthetic suede ? Ever since the first monogrammed bags (recital, croissant) came out with the alcantra lining.. I believe that was around the same time as the introduction of the multicolore.

I wouldn't have thought twice about it, but those b's made such a big deal about it being suede in the shop, I'm just way more ticked off at being told a load of rubbish, than it being faux!...

Sorry, I did search re the cleaning, couldn't find anything. Any clue's on the post (or the cleaning?) :0)

Thanks!

K

Kathleen37 said:
I wouldn't have thought twice about it, but those b's made such a big deal about it being suede in the shop, I'm just way more ticked off at being told a load of rubbish, than it being faux!...

K

That would irk me, too!

It's much easier to clean and it's not a cheap microfibre. Actually it's quite expensive. A lot of couches are made of this and they are in the same range as real leather couches and not many people I guess would buy a suede couch because it's almost impossible to live on and not getting it dirty.

Yes it's always been a man made material. I swear half the time the SA's are totally full of poop. 95% of the time I know more then they do. It really gets irritating when you have an important question and they don't have a clue.
As far as the alcantara it's really easy to clean with a little woolite so I really like it. V