Well, I did it...

dhampson

Jan 20, 2013
I have been eyeing this satchel with and without the front pockets for quite some time. I have been to Macy's about four times recently checking it out in Dessert. I went to Nordstrom to see it in Sand. But, tonight I just bought it on Easy Pay from QVC in Brown. It has Vachetta contrasting ascents.

Do you know if this is Dillen leather?
I have never had Vachetta leather before. Any advise?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 5.47.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 5.47.56 PM.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
It has the same product code that was used for the original Dillen line and I think it is Dillen leather, although others have disagreed. If it's not Dillen, it's very similar. As for tips on the raw vachetta trim, don't get it wet and be careful of any kind of lotion on your hands. It will tan with exposure to light.

I have the pocket satchel in several different colors and leathers. Personally, I love the style and size--just suits me. I find the front pockets kind of difficult to use, but they look good so I don't really care.

This is one of my favorite Dooney styles. I don't have this one (from QVC) but I have it from some other collections (croco, cork, dillen2). It's not too big but it's very roomy. I love the outside pockets to put the phone and keys.

I agree with aprimo, I think this one is the original dillen leather and also be very careful with the trim. I got one of my satchels wet (a tiny bit while going to my car when raining even though I had an umbrella) and it got water spots on the handles and trim. They did not go away when it dried.

I have been eyeing this satchel with and without the front pockets for quite some time. I have been to Macy's about four times recently checking it out in Dessert. I went to Nordstrom to see it in Sand. But, tonight I just bought it on Easy Pay from QVC in Brown. It has Vachetta contrasting ascents.

You chose a beautiful bag,
This is my bag with vachetta leather and has tanned nicely, I don't think lotion is a problem, water is.
IMG_1573_zpsf2f32b20.jpg

Last edited:
You chose a beautiful bag,
This is my bag with vachetta leather and has tanned nicely, I don't think lotion is a problem, water is.

What is this satchel called? I love it!!

Also, OP I love the double pocket satchel. I have one in the Dillen II line and the leather is fabulous. Post pics when your bag arrives.

Mornin' Dhampson!

Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll love it! I have this bag in navy and I mentioned in another thread I carry it in all weather. I haven't had a problem with spots, but others have, so I won't tell you to carry it in the rain. Just letting you know I don't worry about it.

Please let us know what you think when you receive it!

Thanks to all for your replies. I started worrying after I made the purchase that I will ruin the untreated leather portions. However, I'm taking your advise and telling myself to relax and enjoy it. Millions of ladies carry handbags with Vachetta leather, so it has to be fine. I'll post a photo after it arrives and share my thoughts.

Congratulations on your new beauty! I think you will love the brown and I know you love the easy pay! Let us know when it arrives.

Thanks to all for your replies. I started worrying after I made the purchase that I will ruin the untreated leather portions. However, I'm taking your advise and telling myself to relax and enjoy it. Millions of ladies carry handbags with Vachetta leather, so it has to be fine. I'll post a photo after it arrives and share my thoughts.

Exactly! All those Louis Vuitton's with natural vachetta seem to be doing ok. :biggrin: I can't wait to see your pics!! YAY.

Ooohhhh... Yaaaaaay!!!! That is a classic satchel.. gorgeous. I hope you love it. Let us know when you get it home!! Congrats!!