Well, I bought it so sure hope I love it......!

alansgail

Feb 15, 2014
It's a pre-loved epi Petit Noe in the Toledo Blue color. Until recently I've just not been a fan of epi leather (which is silly because I've never actually handled it in real life!)

Where I live 99% of what I see is monogram print but since I have a Speedy in mono I didn't really feel the need for another mono bag, especially one with a vachetta bottom.

So I perused the many colors available and chose this beautiful blue color.
If you own an epi bag could you please tell me what you love about it? I'm pretty sure I'll love it because it will be totally unlike anything else I own and I do love the Petit Noe style, so chic!

Thanks for any and all opinions, I understand that some may not like this leather and that's fine as I like hearing opinions on both sides........:flowers:

Toledo Blue is a very pretty color!

I love Epi because the leather is elegant and uniquely LV. If it gets wet, then you just dry it off quickly and no water spots. You hear all the time how durable Epi is (and it generally is compared to other kinds of leather). But, you still must be careful not to scratch it against any rough surfaces. Scratches are more conspicuous on Epi.

Epi leathers are more fun because they come in a wider variety of colors, or at least more so in the past than in the last two years or so, it seems.

Toledo Blue is a very pretty color!

I love Epi because the leather is elegant and uniquely LV. If it gets wet, then you just dry it off quickly and no water spots. You hear all the time how durable Epi is (and it generally is compared to other kinds of leather). But, you still must be careful not to scratch it against any rough surfaces. Scratches are more conspicuous on Epi.

Epi leathers are more fun because they come in a wider variety of colors, or at least more so in the past than in the last two years or so, it seems.

Thanks for your thoughts on epi tenKrat! I look forward to giving it a try and do hope it's a permanent part of my small bag collection.

Reactions: tenKrat
I have this bag and completely fell for the colour too! It is beautiful!
Epi is definitely durable, the wipe off ability as mentioned above is great.
Enjoy your gorgeous new addition!

I have this bag and completely fell for the colour too! It is beautiful!
Epi is definitely durable, the wipe off ability as mentioned above is great.
Enjoy your gorgeous new addition!

Thank you kitten 24! I do hope it's love at first sight with this leather....so many seem to love it!

i don't own any epi pieces yet. But I think that the Petite Noe in Epi is gorgeous and such a classic piece! It definitely looks chic. And the bucket bag in this type of leather never goes out of style imo.

Reactions: alansgail
I also have this exact bag and it is just so beautiful. It is my only epi piece. Feels very sturdy and durable. Definitely different from other leather (glove tanned, empriente, etc). Because the leather is substantial, it could feel a bit hard/stiff so it may be a bit more prone to bumping into things -- think it just takes getting used to carrying an epi piece. I hope you like it.

Reactions: jancedtif
I also have this exact bag and it is just so beautiful. It is my only epi piece. Feels very sturdy and durable. Definitely different from other leather (glove tanned, empriente, etc). Because the leather is substantial, it could feel a bit hard/stiff so it may be a bit more prone to bumping into things -- think it just takes getting used to carrying an epi piece. I hope you like it.

Thanks, that's part of my concern is bumping into things with the bag....lol! It was made in 1994 so definitely vintage and probably a stiffer leather. I guess it just depends on how much use it's had through it's life but it certainly looks to be rather pristine so we'll see.
I do love the color!