Well Colour Me Confused

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
posh545.jpg

I was told by my SA that the handles are the most problematic part - even if you managed to keep the rest of the bags pristine, you will definitely have to hold the bag by the handles :P lol..and the natural oils from the hands etc will darken the white handles over time. so unless you wrap a twill around the handle, it's going get darker than the rest of the bag... and would look rather odd..

I was told by my SA that the handles are the most problematic part - even if you managed to keep the rest of the bags pristine, you will definitely have to hold the bag by the handles :P lol..and the natural oils from the hands etc will darken the white handles over time. so unless you wrap a twill around the handle, it's going get darker than the rest of the bag... and would look rather odd..

A twilly handle wrap would look pretty and save the handle....

Hi Croissant!  

I have a white 30cm birkin in Clemence.... white is white, so you will get a little paranoid with it.  However having said that mine doesn't look so bad (to the outsider) and I have had it for like 18-24 months now (and I am not a careful user).  The inside of my bag is filthy though (because its lined in very soft leather... something like kid skin)... I have pen marks, dirt etc. and the handles doesn't look so hot either.  If only I knew earlier... I would definitely recommend those purse linings.  Apart from that, I really love my white bag, it's so easy to go with everything...(I use it so much more over my BJ).

By the way... Kate Moss, Sarah Jessica Parker and Victoria Beckham all have white birkins I believe.

At the end of the day you have to decide... if you want something that will last to the next generation, then white Clemence will definitely not stretch as well versus a black box Kelly for example.  However if you want something quite stunning and more unique (versus the blacks and browns)...

I think you should go for it... since you sound so in :heart: with the colour.  It's daunting at the beginning but you will get over it and it's so stunning!  A complete black outfit with a crisp white Hermes?!!  :drool:   Me I figured, I might as well make the most of it... use it as much as I can and get my money's worth... it's only a bag after all, it's meant to be used and I cannot let it rule how I live!  :yahoo:   Good luck with your decision!

thanks for adding fuel to the fire, Rose! :P (only thing wrong with that picture is Victoria Beckham. haha)

DG- im glad we can discover teh agony and the ecstasy of white together!

gt & hg- i heard epsom looks plasticky, especially in white. is this true?
and hg, that's a good idea re; buying something in white Clemence to get a feel for the maintainance. i persoanlly am very careful with my abgs but the handles obviosuly must be used as the straps too.

thank you all for your helpa nd opinions so far- so very helpful!!

oh Barbs i'm so glad you have one!! id love to see pics if you ever get a chance to post some. just to see how the handles look.

Hiheels--- i have a pic. hold on let me find it

With the above clipping... think you should get one! Somehow I think a Kelly may hold up slightly better (than a birkin) and per the article if it's 3,590 Euros, it's not bad at all!

FYI here is mine...

Attachments

• 1430716400_l.jpg
    1430716400_l.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 87
I never thought that I was a white bag person but Barbs yours is lovely. Maybe a bit of smudge on a birkin gives it personality (since it is a casual bag) whereas it would just be dirt on a kelly???

oh barbs such a cute Birkin!! is it a 30cm?? it's lovely!!!! i see what you mean about the handles. the body looks flawless but the handles look a bit darker. but you say you aren't a crazy person with your bags. any advice? i should probably wear it on the crook of my arm or use the strap as often as possible.