Welcome to the Salvatore Ferragamo subforum - introduce yourself!

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
All of the Ferragamo lovers - we have our own subforum. Woot!!! :yahoo::woohoo::yahoo:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself. I'll go first in the next post. Here are some sample questions, just copy, paste, and fill in with the details. Anything else you want to add, feel free.

Resides:
Occupation/ Industry:
Favorite brands:
Hobbies:
Things I collect:
Favorite drink:
Favorite food:
Favorite TV show:
Odd things about me:
Things that scare me:
Current obsessions:

Last edited:
Resides: in the Pacific Northwest
Occupation/ Industry: semi-retired from a scientific/marketing career
Favorite brands: Bags - Bottega Veneta, Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo!
Hobbies: Gardening, surfing the net
Things I collect: Netsuke, teddy bears, woodblock prints, Hermes scarves, crow pictures.
Favorite drink: Mojito
Favorite food: Dim Sum
Favorite TV show: NCIS
Odd things about me: I have a bug collection and like snakes and spiders
Things that scare me: Heights, suspension bridges
Current obsessions: Ferragamo, for sure!

Last edited:
Resides: Los Angeles, CA
Occupation/ Industry: Information Technology
Favorite brands: Ferragamo, Treesje, Rock & Republic, Diesel
Hobbies: Photography, Reading, Collecting
Things I collect: Gund Bears, Handbags, Jeans
Favorite drink: Iced Tea
Favorite food: Haagen Daz Swiss Almond
Favorite TV show: Legend of the Seeker (past: Dawson's Creek)
Odd things about me: I was on the gymnastics team in middle school, but I never did any gymnastics... I kind of just hung around practice and tried to do cartwheels but ended up failing miserably.
Things that scare me: Heights
Current obsessions: Louboutin... I NEED Purple Laminato Ron Ron's in 38! RM Peacock MAB Luxe... hoping there's one at the upcoming SS in May!

nice to "meet" you aznkat25! I'm so excited my pestering paid off and we have our new subforum ;) Looking forward to sharing our common love of all things Ferragamo

Resides: In a country south of Mexico
Occupation/ Industry: Human Resources freak!
Favorite brands: Miu Miu, Gucci and Ferragamo
Hobbies: Read and shopping!
Things I collect: Handbags!!
Favorite drink: Lol...coke..I am an addict!
Favorite food: Pizza! Sushi! (sorry for the exclamation marks, I am soo excited about this forum!)
Favorite TV show: House and Heroes
Odd things about me: I have this horrible fear of me being dead and turning out I am not and being buried alive!
Things that scare me: Kidnappings, accidentaly opening the door of a plane (not by me but being close by and falling), catching myself on fire or getting burned
Current obsessions: Miu Miu!!!

Resides: San Francisco
Occupation/ Industry: Publishing
Favorite brands: Bottega Veneta, Ferragamo
Hobbies: Reading
Things I collect: Classical music, Italian Jewelry, Hermes scarves
Favorite drink: Cherry Herbal iced tea
Favorite food: Chocolate
Favorite TV show: The Simpsons
Odd things about me: I dabble in economics and physics. I've never been to Italy, but I'm an Italian citizen.
Things that scare me: Skiing, MRI tubes
Current obsessions: Ferragamo Marisa, python clutches

Resides: CA and NY
Occupation/ Industry: Music Student (Classical)
Favorite brands: Ferragamo, Prada
Hobbies: Listening to Classical Music, Practicing, Reading Classical Literature, Drawing
Things I collect: Hats
Favorite drink: Tea of all kinds
Favorite food: Mushrooms
Favorite TV show: Don't really watch any so don't know
Odd things about me: I love fluffy things and philosophy at the same time
Things that scare me: Live snakes
Current obsessions: Ferragamo Marisa, Prada pitone frame bag

Oooh, lovinmybags, we have classical music in common. What instruments do you play?

I played flute for many years but wasn't very good at it. My true obsession is the violin, even though I can't play it. I have been known to fly to foreign countries to hear my favorite violinists perform. I'm like a deadhead!

And jburgh, I like snakes and spiders, too. My husband always calls me to come catch bugs & put them outside.

Woohooo...our own Ferragamo subforum...finally! :nuts:

Resides: North west
Occupation/ Industry: Finance
Favorite brands: Ferragamo, Chloe, Tod's
Hobbies: Music, Reading, Gardening, Baking
Things I collect: Shooter glass
Favorite drink: Chinese green teas
Favorite food: Too many to list
Favorite TV show: Bones, House, Law & Order
Odd things about me: A contradiction
Things that scare me: WWIII
Current obsessions: Cakes.....

This is so exciting! I don't have much from Ferragamo but have always loved his stuff.

Resides: Toronto, Canada
Occupation/ Industry: Engineering
Favorite brands: Belen Echandia, Ferragamo, Manolo Blahnik (umm I'll stop at purse and shoes for now)
Hobbies: Cooking, shopping, foruming, bellydancing
Things I collect: Dust bunnies, recipes
Favorite drink: bellinis, mojitos, any sort of girly drinks really.
Favorite food: Seaweed, stir fried clams, steak, oyster mushrooms, baked kale (I could go on, as you might imagine)
Favorite TV show: Grey's Anatomy, House
Odd things about me: I borrow lots of books from the library and I always only read the first chapter of 1-2 books, the other books usually remain untouched.
Things that scare me: Uncertainties in life, my eyesight going out on me
Current obsessions: Naturopath, bellydancing, finding any store in Toronto that sells the same brand stuff as Holt Renfrew in my size so that I don't have to give them my business anymore.

Resides: Los Angeles
Occupation/ Industry: Information Technology
Favorite brands: Bottega Veneta, Valextra, Ferragamo
Hobbies: Singing and Writing Praise & Worship music
Things I collect: Bags, Scarves, Good Friends
Favorite drink: Those little Ocean Spray CranGrape sugar free packets you put in your bottled water.
Favorite food: Sweet Potato Pie, Carb Smart Ice Cream, In-n-out French Fries (as long as they don't get cold!)
Favorite TV show: 24
Odd things about me: I've been wearing wigs for a few months now. I think I'm having an identity crisis.
Things that scare me: Driving with the top down while wearing a wig. (but I do it anyway! Ha!)
Current obsessions: tPF, tPF on Facebook, spending hours surfing the net to look at bags/scarves/luggage

Last edited:
Resides : Perth, Western Australia
Favourite brans : Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Prada, Ferragamo
Hobbies : knitting, reading, cooking
What I collect : bags, beautiful knitting yarns, Fantasy Books
Favourite drink : Diet Coke
Favourite Food : ANYTHING chocolate
Favourite Show : Battlestar Galactica
Odd things about me : terrified of sharks; claustrophobic; typing words on an imaginary keyboard when watching TV (honestly!)
Things scare me : dying before my children are grown up
Current obsessions : tPF, Ebay searching for bags; weight loss.

Resides: Sunny Cah-lee-for-nee-yah
Occupation/ Industry: Well-dressed never starving student thanks to Thrift Town :P
Favorite brands: CL, Miu Miu, Ferragamo, Moschino, Chanel, Coach (mm, leather!), Gucci
Hobbies: Video games, fashion design, photography, playing with electronics.
Things I collect: Video game collectibles, vintage fashion (especially coats... these take up HALF my closet!), foreign money, pretty things, and antique keys
Favorite drink: Thai Iced Coffee, black tea w/ condensed milk
Favorite food: Spaghetti Carbonara, In-N-Out, condensed milk on toast, lechon kawali, and salad, I guess. It's a wonder I don't weigh a bazillion pounds!
Favorite TV show: Toss up somewhere between Spongebob, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, and The First 48.
Odd things about me: I have quite varied interests. I've got three lobe piercings/ear, an industrial piercing in my left, two cartilage studs in the right, and a nostril stud. This summer I'll be getting my first tattoo. Oh, and I love, love LOVE vintage fashion. I dyed my hair BRIGHT pink when I was 17 and everyone loved it. I secretly wish it would grow out pink but keeping up with the roots was too much!
Things that scare me: Getting stabbed, drowning, or burns. Ouchie :<
Current obsessions: Reva flats, putting antique keys on a bracelet for myself, cleaning my room (this will never be done), saving money for a new wallet, and scoring deals at the thrift store!