My bag showcase… Handbags and Holidays

Here is my trusty Louis Vuitton Speedy 30. It was one of the first luxury bags I bought, and if I'm perfectly honest one of the reasons I bought it was because it was so popular. I was young and it seemed like the cool thing to do at the time. However, now the thing that first drew me to the bag is the same thing I hate about it- the fact that everyone has one! It doesn't put me off using it, although I do use it a lot less than I used to.

I love this bag because of how much it carries. When taking this photo, it had in it 3 books, a MacBook charger, diary, pens, small teddy, keys, a scarf, mirror and a few other miscellaneous items. As you can see it carries a lot! The weight and size of the bag is deceiving. It's a tough bag and I know that I can carry this bag regardless of the weather and to most occasions.

I dislike the fact that this bag loses shape if not filled with enough content & also the creasing can be a pain to get out if you decide to store it flat by folding. The interior is really durable and it doesn't stain easily. If it does, it can be easily wiped with a baby wipe x

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1420473085.647691.jpg

Reactions: Gaby Torres
Hello everyone! Apologies for my absence; It's been a busy couple of weeks with deadlines and a heavy workload.

Next up on my list is my Chanel Jumbo in black caviar leather. This was my first ever Chanel bag bought on a trip to London before Christmas. I've not had this bag long but in the 6 weeks I've had it, I've used it 4 times.

The weight of the bag worried me as it's quite heavy in comparison to many of the other bags I carry. It is also a lot smaller than most of my bags, so i did wonder whether I would get true wear out of it; but this beauty of a bag has slot quite nicely in to my lifestyle. It's great for days when I don't have my son with me or if I'm going out for an evening dinner.

The gold hardware isn't as harsh as I imagined, so it can be mixed with colder colours such as grey. It's a classic bag and will never date. The pockets can be a little fiddly and I do worry about overfilling it as I'm scared of it losing shape but so far it has been absolutely fine. It has withstood being stuck in the rain.

I think if I was to purchase the jumbo again in a different colour I would opt for a preloved single flap to make the bag a little more convenient. I'd never sell this bag and in a sense the fact that I don't use it all the time reflects the exclusivity and prestige of Chanel. Every time I get to use it I feel like I'm treating myself and treasure it that little bit more 😊 xImageUploadedByPurseForum1421491321.083025.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1421491358.214969.jpg

Reactions: Gaby Torres
I revisited the purse forum and found my old thread... since my first Chanel in 2014, I’ve added 8 more, a few Hermes pieces and many more! It’s been lovely to see where I first started with my handbag collection.

Attachments

• C55D5392-4F7B-48BD-BB95-8AD5498BD619.jpeg
    C55D5392-4F7B-48BD-BB95-8AD5498BD619.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Love
Reactions: IntheOcean