My bag showcase… Handbags and Holidays

Hey guys, hope you're all well. I created this thread to show my bag collection. I don't have a large collection like some but I plan to add to it in the coming years as I'm only 22 and have been purchasing luxury bags for approximately 2 and a half years now.

My collection currently stands at approximately 20 bags ranging from Chanel to Michael Kors. I have no particular brand loyalty, I'm a "if I like it, I buy it kind of girl".

Hope you enjoy my collection.

Love Sophie x

By the way my Instagram handle is Planet_sophie in case you were wondering xx

Starting with my current favourite. The Fendi 2jours in a beautiful deep red colour. I was surprised at how wearable this bag is as the colour isn't an obvious choice and neither is the bag. It is lighter than I expected and carries a decent amount. I have a 3 year old and when I have this bag with me, he doesn't need a backpack as his things fit in my bag.

It has a long strap so you can wear it on your shoulder too. I love the fact that it doesn't slip from your shoulder as I have found with other bags in this style and also it doesn't have awkward placement when worn on the shoulder. It's comfortable!

It's definitely my favourite bag to wear at the moment as I can dress it up and use it as a tote or dress it down and wear it slouchy on my shoulder. The colour blends nicely with plums and purples but also contrasts nicely when wearing greens or blues so I seem to wear it a lot at the moment! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1420016174.364485.jpg

Here is my Mulberry Oversized Alexa in Black. This was a purchase made on a whim as they didn't have the del rey I wanted in stock. (I never did get round to purchasing the del rey!) The Alexa was my first cross body bag as they have never really been my thing. It was also slouchy and unstructured unlike all my other bags at the time. However, it quickly became a comfortable choice. I can fit my 15" MacBook Air comfortably in it and also a writing pad with a few other bits so it's great for uni when I don't have books to carry or when I needed a hands free bag when taking my little boy out without his pushchair last year. Perfect for days at the park or errands.

I sometimes dislike this bag as it can look flat if not filled enough and I have a love/hate relationship with regards to the unstructured shape. I have to also say looking at this picture, I much prefer the Alexa now that it is worn in and full of creases! X

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1420016551.506713.jpg

Excited to see what other bags you've got! I have the smaller alexa and my sister borrows it a lot! But I understand not liking it due to being unstructured but very comfortable otherwise.

Here is my Prada Saffiano Lux Tote, again in Black. This bag is the perfect bag if you're going away for a couple of days and don't fancy taking lots of bags to go with different outfits and it seems to go with everything! I think that's partly to do with the colour as well as style. I've worn it with sneakers, skinny jeans and a leather jacket but I've also worn it with a nice dress for formal meetings. The only type of outfit I can't imagine wearing it with is the sort of outfit where you would normally hold a clutch bag.

It comes with a detachable strap but truthfully I've never used it except for one time when I was travelling and figured it would make life a lot easier at the airport! I find that it doesn't sit softly enough to be comfortable when worn with the strap. I also dislike the fact that the bag has four handle hooks but the strap only attaches to two. It sounds silly but in actual fact that either your bag twists slightly because you have to hook the strap diagonally or that one side flaps a little & tilts if you hook one side.

The bag has gold hardware but it's not a shiny, in your face gold so I've found that even when accessorising in silver, it's not noticeable and can usually still look great. It's a saffiano leather so very scratch and dirt mark resistant. The interior of this bag has 2 outer zip pockets but I never use these except if I have something like a piece of paper or passport as I feel like it ruins the shape of the bag whilst in use. The main compartment is a great size for me and there is another smaller inner zip pocket there too if you need it.

The one downfall to this bag is the fact that it does sag after a while. As you can see in the photo of it in my lap it does have slight sagging along the bottom. I know a lot of people use base shapers and other similar things but I never have. Maybe if I had, I might not have had this problem but who knows?

Overall I LOVE this bag and if ever ruined/lost etc I would definitely replace it. The number of times I have worn this bag, the classic look and the fact that it's such a great size for most occasions makes it a keeper in my collection X

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1420106120.174530.jpg

This is the Michael Kors Selma in Navy. I'm not a huge lover of MK as I find that sometimes the hardware can be a little in your face and I see everybody wearing them. However, I love love love this bag.

I love the saffiano leather, I love the size, the colour, the shape, the ease and the guilt free usage! The hardware is understated as it simply says Michael Kors and it's not overly shiny or big. It, too comes with a detachable strap but unlike with the Prada, I do use this strap to wear the bag on my shoulder. It has a main zip compartment and 9/10 times I leave it open. It's great for those days where you have lots to do and need a care free bag to dip in and out of quickly.

The colour. The colour was one of the things that initially drew me to this bag. It's not a bright blue which a lot of brands tend to carry (with the exception of mulberry and their ink blue and midnight blue) and so I like the subtlety.

The bag looks small but actually carries a lot. This is probably due to the slight winged sides. I wouldn't wear this bag for a formal function as to me it's rather casual but I would wear it for a day out shopping or something similar. For £315 you can not go wrong!

X

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1420106734.947496.jpg

Excited to see what other bags you've got! I have the smaller alexa and my sister borrows it a lot! But I understand not liking it due to being unstructured but very comfortable otherwise.

It is lovely to carry and so easy to use. Do you find that the unstructured nature of the bag makes the postmans lock easier to use? I also like the fact that it doesn't have feet on the bottom as I've seen a lot of cross body's that do and they can sometimes hit back on your leg when walking which can be irritating & make it heavier! X