Welcome Back Chaz

House is gorgeous!! I love the floors.
I am so jealous, I hate it when some people can just put all of their things together and just look effortlessly tasteful!! My flat looks like the Habitat catalogue vomited everywhere! It is so boring and predictable.

I love the garden as well and the cellar will be perfect for storing loads of wine! :graucho:

I actually envy folks who can do the whole sleek Habitat look,the look I do has no real order or structure,all a bit accidental.And I'm always buying cheap stuff that I make 'go' just because it was cheap and not because it matches anything! Like the big mirror in the dining room,£30 quid,could'nt leave it,fortunately it goes!!(I'm a terrible hoarder)

And as for the cellar,wine is the only thing going down there!!! But one of the rooms is a lil tidier than the others,so I'l use that for spray painting and any messy stuff I do when I'm doing up furniture etc

Hey this is better then through the keyhole!!(actually I hate that show his voice can`t remember his name?? anyway it does your head in!!

Great house chaz.

Hahahaha!!! Lloyd Grossout!!!! Hahaha!! Will do some of Sophies room when I have had a go at it,then it will be a proper who lives in a house like this(add L G's voice!) And I know totaly what you mean about them growing so fast,I thught she looked so much more grown up with the glasses on,made me a little sad in a way to be honest. Saw the pics of your two lil angels,good grief they are so pretty!! How'd you manage that!!! Lol!!

Love ya really!!! *ducks and runs* !!!!:flowers:

Chaz - the house is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the wooden floors and all the "uneven" corners and carpented wooden details. Looks like you could have Harry Potter living under the lovely stairs too. Love all your beautiful things, like the horse!!! And the knobbly carpet! And everything else!!!

:woohoo:Oh, it is a true Mulberry Mansion!!!:woohoo:
Aww thanks hunny!! I love all the uneven floors and off straight walls!! Such a pain when you are trying to put shelves up or hang pics but,I sort of fell for all that,I'll do you a shot ot the hallway floor tommorow when the lights better,it slopes so much!! And all the things I have been gatheing and hoarding for years just seem right at home x

Great shots. Looks like you've been there for ages- very homey.

Love the Elton John Sophie!

Thanks Zooba,feels so much like home so soon,I'm so glad we moved here!!

And does'nt she really have an odd likeness!! Andy thought I was being a bit mean til I showed him the pics!! Still if you can't have a laugh at your kids expense!!:roflmfao:

Lloyd (aptly named) Grossman :throwup:

Yeh Thats him of the annoying nasal twang!!!

Took some pics of the sofa too,we did'nt plan on getting one so soon,we were going to keep the old one.Would'nt you know it the one we fell for went in the sale really cheap,so we got it,well not the one we wanted,its the smaller version.The larger version was 8 foot long!! We could all curl up on it,but it would'nt go through our door,so we went for the small one that did! Its really deep and you can load it up with cushoins and nestle into it,I got loads of cushion covers from Ilva at 1.99 each that go really well,God I'm back to all my bargain hunting habits!! Fab!!

Right,need to find my camera and then I'll upload pics...............................

And here are some shots of Andy killing the ivy,I'm so gutted about it,I know its a very destructive plant,but I was hoping to cut it right back and manage the growth.Except Andy has cut right through the main trunk,and by the looks of it,it was ancient too. I am so p*ssed off with him,he just asked where the saw was,I thought he was putting a shelf up,next thing he's murdered the bloody ivy!!!
And looking at the wedge he's taken out of the trunk,theres no coming back from that.Jo when are you free for castrations?

Any time dear- just give me a call!!!!!:roflmfao:

Here is said sofa!! And I forgot,I took some pics of the original cornicing and details,all in quite good shape,only thing is,all the original fireplaces have gone,which is such a crying shame.We live in a smoke free zone,so eventually we will have the down stairs ones put back in,but gas ones.Andys Ma and Pa had a brilliant one put in,very expensive,but really looks the part as their house is very similar to ours.We will have to wait a long time before we put any in,as I think Andys folks paid loads to have theirs put in,connected etc.Still summers coming,and the central heating is very efficient so its not a necessity.

The pics are of the sofa uncovered,I bought loads of cheap throws from Ilva sewed them all together and we keep it covered as Sophie has no understanding that Rusks are'nt for wiping on the furniture!!

The other pics are the orig plaster work,and the last one is a pic of some Art Noveau honeysuckle I found in one of my reference books,thats what the Paul Smith purse reminded me of!!! I did think I was going a bit mad when I got it and everyone said curtains,I thought I had messed up big time!Curtains pfft,philistines!!!!

Mind you,we did give said purse to Andy's mum for her birthday,and she loved it! So that was a neat ending to a potential p*ss taking scenario!! Phew!!

Attachments

• sofa 001.JPG
    sofa 001.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 42
  • sofa 002.JPG
    sofa 002.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 32
  • sofa 009.JPG
    sofa 009.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 19
  • sofa 010.JPG
    sofa 010.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 21
  • more house and stuff 079.JPG
    more house and stuff 079.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 30
Love everything in the house and that woodwork is tdf!! My only concern for you is the uneven floors.....don't want you tripping and falling on your arse after too much wine!!! hehehehe:roflmfao::roflmfao::P

SHE IS BACK IN FULL AND PROPER FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI cHAZ,

Sorry didnt reply to your text been so bloody busy, just sat down!!!

your rug is exactly same as mine but mine is cream an brown i love it so soft my bloody cat keeps doing that stupid thing when it looks like she is kneeding bread!!

House looks fab. can't belive you have got so much done!! good job you were off line!!

p.s everyone i want a new bag!!!

HI cHAZ,

Sorry didnt reply to your text been so bloody busy, just sat down!!!

your rug is exactly same as mine but mine is cream an brown i love it so soft my bloody cat keeps doing that stupid thing when it looks like she is kneeding bread!!

House looks fab. can't belive you have got so much done!! good job you were off line!!

p.s everyone i want a new bag!!!

Hahaha!!! Our cats do too!!!! Looks so funny,concentrating away and padding till they zone out!!!

Yay Chaz! Glad you're back and the house looks great! Pain about the phone lines!!

We'll be back up soon,God I hate being a slave to someone elses network activities!!! I normally have the pc on all day and nip to and fro while I'm doing stuff,missing that lil luxury I can tell you!!

It'll be good to have you back properly, it's certainly not been the same without you!
I miss you whizzing around the threads - usually we're chasing each other around them!
Great that you're enjoying the new house tho and getting settled. That cellar looks decidedly scary!! Would be a great 'naughty' place for my boys tho!!!!

It'll be good to have you back properly, it's certainly not been the same without you!
I miss you whizzing around the threads - usually we're chasing each other around them!
Great that you're enjoying the new house tho and getting settled. That cellar looks decidedly scary!! Would be a great 'naughty' place for my boys tho!!!!

Hahaha!! I know what you mean about chasing about!! Lol!!! I dare'nt wander off on other bits of the net looking for interesting stuff,as I get worried my connection will go!!

Thanks! And glad you like the house,best thing I could have done moving back here,really is.
Its good fun sorting this place out,back to my old bargain hunting ways!! Love doing up old things and bagging really unusual bits and bobs.
The peeps who sold us the house left an old lloyd loom half tub chair thats white,its now in my bathroom ready for my faded french look to come together.Have got out all my old bits and bobs of paint samples and finishes ready to get started!!
Scored a really lovely light for the bathroom for over the mirror in antique finished steel,and I'm going through loads of my old reference books for ideas on lettering,french style,to do a series of tiny canvasses on a narrow alcove wall.Plus found some really elegant fleur de lyes patterns,I know they are medieval,but I think if I can get the colors right they will work really well!!!

But the cellar,hmmmmmmmmm,will be a while before we tackle that!!! We will need to put a skin on the ceiling of it though,as its old lath and plaster,and has really detriorated and lets lots off draughts up through the floor boards.So that may be the only thing,apart from a bit of external pointing to stop leaks that we will do.Bloody creepy tho.Me no like!!

I've got an old Lloyd loom chair like yours. Mine was blue & I started painting it white. Bloody awful job - so now it's half & half!
I'm off to buy a new mirror for our sitting room. I've an old gilt one but the frame is patterned & I've gone off it.
I inherited a Victorian mantle clock that has been away being restored. It chimes the quarter hour & hours & sounds like a mini Big Ben. I love it but it keeps making the 6 yr old jump out of his skin!!