Weirdest thing you've carried in an H bag?

A recent “hot topic” made me look for this thread. A Birkin, at the end of the day, is a bag. I am one to baby and at times glorify my bags but over the weekend, I went through TSA security check at the airport and got stopped because of a half eaten polish chili burrito dog in my Birkin!

Oh how I’ve evolved in my H journey! Lol

A recent “hot topic” made me look for this thread. A Birkin, at the end of the day, is a bag. I am one to baby and at times glorify my bags but over the weekend, I went through TSA security check at the airport and got stopped because of a half eaten polish chili burrito dog in my Birkin!

You’re such a rebel! Hopefully you gave the TSA agents a good laugh.

You’re such a rebel! Hopefully you gave the TSA agents a good laugh.
No, he was not amused. I had to tell him 3 times it’s a hotdog. What I didn’t appreciate was him squeezing the corners of my B. I wasn’t sure what that was for. Both B and I survived though! On the other hand, DH devoured my half eaten hotdog after picking me up from the airport. Haha!

Last edited:
My goodness! I thought I was weird for carrying a food box at all times in my bag, but that takes the cake!
(I carry a food box due to the fact that I have to eat every couple of hours or I start to feel meh. No health problem, just an efficient digester.)

Reactions: dragonette
My goodness! I thought I was weird for carrying a food box at all times in my bag, but that takes the cake!
(I carry a food box due to the fact that I have to eat every couple of hours or I start to feel meh. No health problem, just an efficient digester.)
Haha! I was surprised with myself too but to clarify, the hotdog was in a plastic bag. It’s one of those specialty hotdogs that we dont have in ourarea so the idea of throwing it away hurts more than making my B smell like food. Lol!

Your foodbox, does it have the locking mechanism to prevent leaks?

I took my orange B to our competition dog training class with the dog dumbbell, drooled on leashes, poop bags (unused), venison dog treats and string cheese in it. Nobody in the class noticed that it is a big B. It might make people nervous as what if their dogs chew the bag. Well, if it happens, that won't be the first nor the last time someone's dog or someone ruin my bag a little...

Haha! I was surprised with myself too but to clarify, the hotdog was in a plastic bag. It’s one of those specialty hotdogs that we dont have in ourarea so the idea of throwing it away hurts more than making my B smell like food. Lol!

Your foodbox, does it have the locking mechanism to prevent leaks?

This is what I have (available at Amazon)

51qjba7i9WL.jpg

You can see the little blue gasket in the edge of the top and yes, it does a wonderful job of preventing spills, etc. I had a box full of very liquid pasta prima vera that had somehow flipped in the bag (and I was unaware of it!) and it was like that for several hours before I got home and noticed. Not one drop escaped.

This is what I have (available at Amazon)

51qjba7i9WL.jpg

You can see the little blue gasket in the edge of the top and yes, it does a wonderful job of preventing spills, etc. I had a box full of very liquid pasta prima vera that had somehow flipped in the bag (and I was unaware of it!) and it was like that for several hours before I got home and noticed. Not one drop escaped.
Yes, I have the same. If you had the regular ones, I’d be a bit nervous for you but these things are amazing! Carry on carrying snacks in your B! Lol!

A Lady after my own heart! What's the point of owning a purse if we can't put snacks in them! Normally I carry gold fish crackers and welch's fruit snacks in my purse LOL And nope I don't have kids, although the SO might count.. :lol: