weird toss-up: keep kristin sage satchel or large marielle?

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
does coach do a lot of dark browns in the spring/summer? i'm still pretty new to the brand and i was debating on whether or not i should i return the large black marielle that i'm getting soon in the mail, and hold out for a nice, dark brown bag in a large-ish size, as brown is missing from my current list. i also splurged on a kristin sage and was planning on keeping it and returning the marielle...but i kept the tags on sage for now, until i see marielle.

so far i have a lindsey, hailey (my only "small" bag i will have), and kristin sage-- all three in black-- and one bordeaux abigail. im really jonesing for a rich dark brown but i don't want a maggie or another style that i already have :/ (sophia is too small for me as is the chelsea jayden). the spring bag thread has a ton of cute stuff but my field of bag-vision, is limited to dark colors :P

virgo8708

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I have both and love them both but I think if you aren't loving the Sage and Marielle then hold out for a bag that you will love.

There is no use keeping bags that you won't use especially when they can go towards a bag you will use lots.

Please let us know what you decide.

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
i adore the thick leather on the sage satchel! but then the large marielle in black, i remember when i saw it briefly at an FP store, i didnt like the leather as much as the madison lindsey that i ended up buying that night as i prefer more textured leather. i thought it looked too bulky even though i love huge bags, but that was with the stuffing :P and the modeling pics on here with some shots of the drawstring loosened for a bucket-bag shape really drew me in! i wanted to give it a try again, but then fell in love with the kristin when i let myself go and spend money on that bag :Push: these two bags went against me telling myself "no more black bags-- get a brown one!"

i wish they made a large marielle in a dark brown!

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Tulsa
I have both a python Sage and a large bronze Marielle and love them both for different reasons. Actually, the modeling pics on here that ghall did are what made me HAVE to have a Marielle. She has the large black one and it looked so cute on her that I went on a mad hunt for the same style. I'm a huge Kristin fan, too, so I'm really no help. I say just wait til you get the Marielle and put your stuff in it and see how you like it. As far as whether to choose black or brown.....it's hard for me to find the perfect shade of brown, so I'd probably choose the black!

Dec 20, 2006
NYC
What about the browns that are out now? The Brown Gathered Lyndsay and Gathered Sophia are to die for! Nice rich, deep color.

I just looked at coach.com and did a color search for brown and quite a few bags came up. I was surprised. Is it that you wanted a Brown Sage or a Brown Marielle?

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
ghall's pic from thanksgiving was what lured me into marielle-land, too! LOL! the bag is awesome -looking cinched closed but then, i couldnt believe how cute it looked worn wide-open! i then saw your bronze modeling pics and knew i wanted the large, over the regular marielle! you are of help...in the enabling-to-keep-both department!! which was what i was considering and then putting myself on a ban until the right brown bag comes along!
i'm sort of hoping that there wont be that many dark browns in the s/s 2012 collection of bags to tempt me!! luckily, im not too drawn to lighter bags right now-- i'd like to get a solid, brown leather coach bag that's more on the large size of the spectrum first!

or...i dont own a single [dark] grey bag in my collection including non-coach bags... uhoh i just remembered that again. doh!

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
icecaramel: i do love the mahogany in the madison line especially sophia! AHHH! so smooshy and slightly-pebbly...but i'm restricting myself right now to one style at a time and no multiples :P so no brown lindsey for me! sophia is too small for my needs and i like soft, less structured bags and the gathered is so elegant but it's not for me! i wish the large marielle came out in mahogany madison leather instead of garcia! though well with the shape itd look very sack-ish in that color from far away...

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Tulsa
Oh my gosh I'm imagining a big squishy marielle in the new Madison leather :cloud9:

Although there were some available in the regular size....

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
yeah, "squishy" is the word :tup: so soft and light but feels durable! wish they were available in the large size! bordeaux! persimmon!

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
well i'm about to hit up an outlet for the first time, actually, today! bf is driving (it's on our way up to his grandparents' place). not too promising-sounding with inventory as reported by tpfers in the past week or two, but at least i get to be in a big room full of coach for a short time!:woot: maybe i'll see a cute bag for cheaper than the marielle but i am so antsy and cant wait to see this big drawstring beauty :P

oh and i just checked the address with fedex for the heck of it, the shipping addy for the marielle which is my local FP store, and the one store that had my bag and shipped it out put in the wrong suite number of my FP store! :shocked: glad i caught this! going to have to call them and correct this asap!

ajspixies1

Oct 19, 2010
In my experience, Coach saves their dark brown bags for Fall and Winter...I've found it harder to get them during the rest of the year. Of course that doesn't mean they won't bring out some this spring.

cathead87

O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
In my experience, Coach saves their dark brown bags for Fall and Winter...I've found it harder to get them during the rest of the year. Of course that doesn't mean they won't bring out some this spring.
Yep. In the past when I have asked about dark brown bags I was told by multiple SAs that brown is considered a Fall/Winter color.

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
Thankspixies and cathead! Eek just got a madison swingpack in black from my first outlet trip today...even though i said no more black bags...brown instead but it was so cheap I'm telling myself it doesn't count as a bag-purchase :lol: but thanks for letting me know what to not expect :P going to try to be good and enjoy what i have so far after deciding between large marielle and sage!

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
update: got the large marielle and loved it but i think not enough to keep, especially since i bought the kristin elevated leather sage satchel (goat one, with pce discount my SA gave but still pretty $$$!). i really liked the comfy straps on the marielle but even when i filled it with all my stuff (and i do have a lot of stuff i carry!) , it sort of jutted out awkwardly.... ive had bigger bags than this and i think i might regret my decision in the future but, btw, i had to get a new phone so i decided to give up one bag instead of keeping both!
weird...ive been so coach-crazy and in a buying-frenzy lately, but even though i had to plunk down money for a new cellphone, it was sort of refreshing to have a different obsession for a short time (i.e., researching a new cellphone..picked iphone!) instead of purses :lol: