Does your LV canvas bag smell?

Please come to Atlantic City nj and yell that into my job!
I'd seriously pay someone to say it because this lady just doesn't get it. It's a shame because she's so sweet and stylish but for goodness sakes,I can't breathe!

Sounds like an issue her direct supervisor needs to address with her. A lot of offices have now adopted the “no perfume” rule.

Sounds like an issue her direct supervisor needs to address with her. A lot of offices have now adopted the “no perfume” rule.
Unfortunately we don't have that rule.
People hint it to her all the time but she's just not catching on. I really couldn't recognize the scent even though it's chanel 5 because of the sheer amount that she uses. I almost wonder if she keeps it in her purse and reapplies because it's just as strong even 8-10 hours into the work day.
We work in a retail store so I imagine customers can smell it too. Nobody has the balls to confront her because she's 84 and just lost her 3rd husband recently. Yes she's been widowed 3 times . Likely due to perfume suffocation. Lol

Reactions: Clairen4
People hint it to her all the time but she's just not catching on. I really couldn't recognize the scent even though it's chanel 5 because of the sheer amount that she uses. I almost wonder if she keeps it in her purse and reapplies because it's just as strong even 8-10 hours into the work day.
We work in a retail store so I imagine customers can smell it too. Nobody has the balls to confront her because she's 84 and just lost her 3rd husband recently. Yes she's been widowed 3 times . Likely due to perfume suffocation. Lol

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: DaBish
I wonder if as people age their sense of smell starts going. My friends dad is in his late 80’s and sprays so much cologne on him that you smell it when you walk in the front door and he in in another room. You can’t sit by him without feeling like you are going to be sick from the smell. My friend and her brother have asked him not to spray so much for years and he doesn’t listen to them. I also have a few friends who have moms that seem to go heavy on the perfume too. Some people think more is better. I am highly sensitive to smells so it brothers me if I am around people who use a lot of fragrance products.

Reactions: DaBish and Clairen4
Thanks for suggesting this! I have been going crazy trying to get the smell out of an expensive throw pillow that I ordered. Three of them arrived new, but, one smells stale and weird... unfortunately, they are out of stock and I don't want to send them all back. I'll have to try it out! Does it stain/damage fabrics at all? It says non-toxic, I just wonder what it is made of too.

No staining. My friend had a horrible smell in her car, no idea what it was because we couldn't find what was causing it. We sprayed it all over her car and on her carpet. No issues and the smell was 100% gone and never returned. It's awesome!

UPDATE! I ended up just returning the bag and I did let Fashionphile know there was an odor that was not mentioned in the initial listing. Not worth it to me at ALL to save some money if the bag is going to be gross. :no:

Good for you, it's not worth it, it would have always left this "gross feel" about the bag even if you would sucessfully get rid of the smell. I would have done the same thing. I am sure you'll find a new one, whether you go for a new or another second hand, that is in good, fresh, condition! :smile:

I just purchased a preloved Trouville today and am excited to receive it. I sure hope it does not have a crayon smell. It is from 2008 so maybe it has dissipated by now! The bag is in really good condition.

My preloved trouville stinks too. Does anyone remove the smell successfully? :sad::sad::sad:
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. I expected it to smell as I read about it. It was not as strong of an odor as I thought and I have a bloodhound nose. I left it unzipped on my dresser for about a week with a sachet and used it yesterday. I would have had to stick my face in it to smell it. I was thinking about trying baking soda in a cotton bag maybe.

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. I expected it to smell as I read about it. It was not as strong of an odor as I thought and I have a bloodhound nose. I left it unzipped on my dresser for about a week with a sachet and used it yesterday. I would have had to stick my face in it to smell it. I was thinking about trying baking soda in a cotton bag maybe.
Congrats on your not smelly bag! Lol
The smell of my bag was very bad when I got it. Now it's fading a bit but still, it's there. I left it unzipped for about a month now. A few days ago I turned the bag inside out to see if it helps.

Reactions: nordybaglady
i have same problem, very acute chemical odour, the josephine wallet with the yellow inside and gold engraved initials, moreover the button drop out. bought in Prague 03.2015. the odour is same, i stuck the button. as I am not from Prague, I did not complaint it anymore...

1599562843612.png

Last edited:
Hi all. I purchased a pochette metis in a LV store in France about 2 years ago. I've used it very minimally. I am very careful with my handbags. But I've noticed a bad, almost cheese-like smell coming from the inside lining. Does anyone know what that is? How can I get rid of the smell? I've tried airing it out and even Fabreezed it... but it's still there. TIA!