weird purse behaviors...admit it...lol

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
It's been so fun to find tPF. I have always enjoyed purses but am new to the concept of collecting them. It's a fun and useful thing to collect...I like the idea. Very fun stuff around here.

But now it's confession time. I actually took out my new Linea Pelle clutch and was holding and petting it the other day. The leather is so yummy. I have the one designer bag (a super clearance deal and a super clearance deal on a Via Spiga) and some accessories I've had a while...and I was so loving the feel of the leather and that it was MINE!

Anyone else have weird purse behaviors? Am I alone in my purse petting? I would think not! But I could be.

And just love this one and have no reason to use it :bagslap:but love it.

^^ haha i love that smiley too but i barely ever want to hit someone with my purse... i could damage it :P... jk haha. but yes i do have strange purse behaviors... i tend to smell leather. a lot haha.

You know, it's funny you should mention Linea Pelle bags and the petting thereof - MANY MANY MANY ladies here are die-hard Linea Pelle Petters, and they make no bones about it.

I myself have been known to want to hang my bags on the wall or sleep with them because 1. They are ART and 2. They smell so good and are so soft and yummy.

No weirdness here, not on tPF!

I've been known to sniff my bags and pet them when no one is looking. I never place them on a floor, even in my own home or car (it's also bad luck). I refuse to put them on a shelf or even a hook in public restrooms, so I either avoid public restrooms entirely or hold them on my shoulder or around my neck the whole time. And no one else - not even my dh - is allowed in my bag, nor would I touch anyone else's (unless there were an emergency involving life or death!). I've recently become obsessed with squishy, soft leathers, regardless of brand or name.

Touch your bag? Are you freaking kidding me? People try to do that? Eewwwww. I have LONG been a nut about privacy in my bag. My ex went in it once (opened my mail once too) and I flipped out. He was all, "what is there to hide." I was like, "Ummm...tampons? It's my space, MINE!" Very upsetting to have people touch your purse. (Although I allow my 2 yo, who adores bags too...from plastic to Coach and back again...to go thru my purse at will...go figure. LOL. But my 2 yo is very respectful and always asks...maybe that's the difference? lol)

^When I got my first LP I MADE people touch it. That's how excited I was! (Well, I might have been a little drunk too, but that's beside the point! lol) The leather really is fantastic
Does this count as wierd purse behavior? haha

Well when my kids drive me crazy at night I have been known to go into my purse closet and just relax and look at my treasures. It keeps me sane and makes me a better Mom. It's like my Calgon take me away time.

I like to place the bag on my desk such that, with just a slight shift of my line of sight, I can see it there while I'm working. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and I can then just carry on doing whatever it is I'm doing.