Weird leather

Radissen

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
So I finally got hold of my holy grail -the black medium matelasse I've been hunting for years - http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/q...n matelasse/
It is pretty, in really good condition and everything BUT the problem is that it has really Weird leather especially in the nonquiltet areas. There it is sort of stiff, tough and feels kind of rough (very unbalenciaga to be honest). In my years of collecting Bbags I have never come by leather like this (have had 02, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 and 09). The bag definitely ought to be authentic because some of the lovely tpf Ladies helped me authenticate it.
So is this simply due to the natural difference between leather or is it due to dryness or what?

Secondly do you think conditioning would help?

The link isn't working, can you re-post it?

I love Matelasse bags, they're so soft. For rough non-quilted areas, do you mean the top of the bag? It's most likely natural variation or due to how the leather been treated. I've seen lots of dry/rough Bbags so as long as yours has been authenticated, I think it's okay!

Last edited:
The link isn't working, can you re-post it?

I love Matelasse bags, they're so soft. For rough non-quilted areas, do you mean the top of the bag? It's most likely natural variation or due to how the leather been treated. I've seen lots of dry/rough Bbags so as long as yours has been authenticated, I think it's okay!

Here you go:
http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/radissen/min matelasse/

Yes I mean on top area next to the zipper and the sides og the bag. It looks good but I´ve just never felt bbag leather like that before. Just really stiffish and rough not soft and supple like they usually are.

The link works, but I'm having a hard time picturing where the problem is since there's so many pics. Care to elaborate? Can you draw circles or something?

Oh I think I know what you mean. Do you mean the front part where the "smiley face" and the studs sit... is rough in texture? All Matelasse bags are like that. I thought it was weird too, that they didn't use regular Arena leather, but I think that's the look Bal was going for.

You're talking about these areas right? Totally normal.

4.jpg

You're good to go, your bag is gorgeous!

Last edited: