weird experience for my poor speedy

Gosh you have a cool head on your shoulder, if i were you, i'd tell them flat out the difference of replica and the real deal-sweat shop, disrespect of monogram's rightful owner, support terroirst activity, etc, you know what i mean. Things should be open especially in case of close friend, like you've mentioned, it's not like they can't afford it, after all you are trying to look out for a friend of carrying replicas.

That was nice of you not to say anything. They might just be justifying/trying to make themselves feel better that they bought fake.

By the way, it wasn't your fault for bringing your bag. Take it anywhere you want to.

Yes:yes: You handled yourself great! They are trying to justify to themselves why they are breaking the law;)

wow. that's very calm of you. i woulda beat the living daylights out of both the husband and the friend if i were you. then i woulda told the husband, "when you two make love, and she fakes it.. and tells you later that she faked it, are you mad that she faked it??" and they would shut up.

You were super nice by responding the way you did. I don't think they meant anything by it and agree with other posters when they said.

Okay be honest asi have to know, did it REALLY look like your bag or just similar? I have never seen a really good fake.

Well her bag had feet and they even said it was better that it had feet...
for somebody who knows how a real LV looks like mine looks way nicer and better... IMO

You were very restrained!
I would have said -"Yes, but your leather trim looks plastic and shiny and mine will turn a deep classy honey shade! So ner!"
Cheeky apeths, as they say in Lancashire.

Good on you for keeping your temper and not saying anything. Like others said, I am sure they are just saying that to make themselves feel better about getting the fake.It's unlikely they would come out and say "your lovely authentic bag looks soooo much better than our fake - we understand why it cost so much more."