Weird experience at Chanel

annmac

Imabaghag
O.G.
Mar 26, 2011
Day 1: I was wearing my Jumbo and was buying another Reissue flap some lady approached me and asked me "So you're getting another one? $4700 Wow!"

Day 2: This lady started a conversasion with me she was saying how much she love Chanel and that she's been a collector for a long time. Blah....blah....blah....Told her i've only been collecting less than a year and this is what i have in my collection. As I was returning the Reissue i got the day before and decided to get another color. As my SA was ringing me up for my purchase that lady said to me "Wow you have that many for a short period of time! Any you're getting another one? Does your husband know? Do you buy your Chanels new or used?" I felt i was interrogated! I was thinking WTF! It's non of your business!

Just wondering if you meet random people with thesame experience i have inside Chanel or anywhere else. It just seems weird because this is like a conversation i would have with somebody close to me not some random strangers. Anyway just would like to share my experience.

I guess maybe she thinks you buy one Chanel bag everyday. You meet her everyday at the boutique, right? Maybe she justify that you guys hit it off and become friends?

Don't you wonder why she's hanging out at the boutique everyday?

I agree it's none of anyone else business about one buying anything, but maybe people get curious especially when they have nothing else to do?

vink said:
I guess maybe she thinks you buy one Chanel bag everyday. You meet her everyday at the boutique, right? Maybe she justify that you guys hit it off and become friends?

Don't you wonder why she's hanging out at the boutique everyday?

I agree it's none of anyone else business about one buying anything, but maybe people get curious especially when they have nothing else to do?

Lol yeah! :smile: it was a diff. Person on both days.

I try not to give complete strangers an insight in my personal or shopping exploits.

I might be helpful with colours, styles, seasons etc but I won't go on about what I have acquired already.

I would politely move the conversation along and try to go back to what I was doing.

You don't know who might be following you and has the potential to rob you or your home.

I try not to give complete strangers an insight in my personal or shopping exploits.

I might be helpful with colours, styles, seasons etc but I won't go on about what I have acquired already.

I would politely move the conversation along and try to go back to what I was doing.

You don't know who might be following you and has the potential to rob you or your home.

Completely agree. I get uncomfortable if I am asked about cost or the vastness of my collection. These days criminals are too savvy.

People are just curious. Don't you ever wonder????? How the heck do they do all that they do. I agree, I wouldn't ask someone about personal things but when you are in a Chanel boutique don't you feel a sisterhood with others shopping there. Maybe it's just me but...who cares. Maybe they want to justify spending that much on a bag and need someone else to enable them. Let's face it the bags at Chanel are expensive and sometimes we just need a little push from someone to take the PLUNGE!!! I would consider it a complement!

I think it all comes down to the vibe the person is sending. Sometimes a way a person says something and their mannerisms can make the situation go from sisterhood to creepy...or down right rude!

I wouldn't be broadcasting how many bags you've bought in the past year to complete strangers. IIRC it's quite a substantial amount in only a year, but it is tacky to comment on how much money one is spending.

Very true!!

You know, during the sale, I got in late and only could choose between the last of the jewelry. I found 3 pieces that had just been put out and was buying it when a lady came in. Head to toe Chanel. Kept her big sunglasses on. Reeked of Chanel No 5. My SA brought my purchases out and the Customer (crazy Chanel Lady) said to my SA, " What did she buy, I want to see". She never acknowledged me. I started to talk to my SA about the nuttiness of the morning and once again, the woman stated that she wanted to see what I bought before I left. She went from Chanel enthusiast to Crazy Chanel Lady in 2 seconds.

She is at the boutique EVERY DAY and does this to many customers.

You know, during the sale, I got in late and only could choose between the last of the jewelry. I found 3 pieces that had just been put out and was buying it when a lady came in. Head to toe Chanel. Kept her big sunglasses on. Reeked of Chanel No 5. My SA brought my purchases out and the Customer (crazy Chanel Lady) said to my SA, " What did she buy, I want to see". She never acknowledged me. I started to talk to my SA about the nuttiness of the morning and once again, the woman stated that she wanted to see what I bought before I left. She went from Chanel enthusiast to Crazy Chanel Lady in 2 seconds.

She is at the boutique EVERY DAY and does this to many customers.
This is where the SA needs to become a buffer. I'm sure this puts them in a bad position. Sounds like this "LADY" spends a lot of money. Money doesn't always mean class!!!!!