Weird emails from Sacoche Bahrain

Tagullah

Nov 29, 2007
Is anyone else receiving emails from Sacoche (Bahrain Chloe store) with photo attachments that either won't open or open to reveal pages of stuff in a foreign language that don't relate in any way to bags ? I'm just wondering if this is a widespread issue or it's just me that's getting them ? I hope this isn't some kind of computer virus. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is receiving this stuff.

Me too. Mine came up with some foreign kind of YouTube, on one. I though it was an accident so I tried the other and it tried to open an MS DOS document which I asked me to run or save, which I didn’t. Then a second later my Norton internet security notified me of a risk that it had fixed. I think there was a bug on it. But I was more worried about the idea that this boutique that I wanted to buy a bag from has either been hacked or is messing around with people’s information. I am a little scared that it might be insecure now. You know when you are on a bag hunt you don’t think twice about giving you information to sale assistance, because of the excitement but I think I am going to be more careful with from now on.

Hmmm, I haven't had any contact with Sacoche for a couple of years now. MD, didn't you recently buy your Purple Paraty from them ? If so and if you have a good contact there, would it be possible for you to let them know about these rogue emails we've all been receiving ? TIA.

I got the same email, too. I called them and they said they did not email these days. I am quite sure their email got hacked. It is better for us to give detail information by phone.

The emails I received a few weeks ago from JOSEPHINE seemed fine. The ones I received yesterday and today were from her same email addy...

I shall forward them to the OTHER email addy I have for Sacoche and ask.
I could not open the attachments either....

Hmmm, I haven't had any contact with Sacoche for a couple of years now. MD, didn't you recently buy your Purple Paraty from them ? If so and if you have a good contact there, would it be possible for you to let them know about these rogue emails we've all been receiving ? TIA.

I emailed them back asking about them and haven't gotten a response!

I had called them and emailed to them by other address, the following is the response from Josephine.

"Hi,

kindly ignore that email foto 27/6 also me are receiving, and im not sending any email from all the customer.

thanks and regards,
josephine"

IT IS A VIRUS so DO NOT OPEN IT!!!
I called Josephine yesterday and that is what she told me!!!
Too late...I had already tried opening it before calling her...my computer is acting funny now.:wtf:
Unable to access internet very well too.

The bug is forwarding emails addresses of other customers by listing in the cc:...I think Sacoche is not answering ANY emails at this time so it doesn't get forwarded to more customers!!!

I got them too and my virus protection would not let me open them. It's always bothered me that the Sacoche mailing list has all our emails in the address box for everyone to see. I don't know why they don't do an invisible distribution list or at least name their mailing list something else (like "Chloe Mailing List") so that our personal info is kept private.

Good detective work ladies - Thanks for that. I'm glad I opened this thread. The only problem is that I did open one of those attachments and like Pandabear, my computer has also been acting up. The last thing I need at the moment is a computer virus ! Hope it's not terminal.