WEIRD eBay text messages

LoveMyMarc

♥'s MJ, RM, & LV
Jul 6, 2008
For the past few days, I have received text messages from eBay giving me a PIN. Well, I just got another message, then shortly after, a phone number texting me (from the same area code as my number) was saying that the PIN number was being sent to my phone number and they need it because they need to update their phone number. This is so odd...I'm not giving them the PIN incase someone is trying to hack my account.

Has anyone experienced this??

Definetly call ebay!

OP, the above mentioned is the best solution. Contact *bay first ~at their official/main email contact info.~before you speak to anyone else.
*bay recently asked everyone to update/change their passwords. What you received could possibly be someone/some entity that is trying to 'phish' you/your info. I, [personally], would not reply text or call that number from my own phone. There are sites (www) you can reverse look-up that number that called/texted you. And if its not an 'official' *bay number, I'd report it to the appropriate authorities asap.

I called eBay. Luckily, no one was trying to get into my account. I guess my number could have been someone else's at some point and my number was linked to their account. They did tell me to just ignore the text messages.

Thanks for all of the input, everyone! :smile: