Weird/disgusting food...had you...thread

elle said:
A friend of mine told me that in China, they chain a monkey to the center of the table, kill it, and eat the brains right there like that. Anyone know if that is true? :sick:

My parents always try to get me to eat weird animal parts like duck tongue or pig feet, but I can't do it. I don't even eat raw fish or lamb.

Its true. I have seen this before on "Faces of Death". Pretty sick. I felt ill for about a week and couldnt watch the whole thing. The monkey screams for a long time. Its really disgusting.

Selena

I'm a picky eater so I've never eaten or have been forced to eat anything weird. My sister ate alligator once...gross! Also, my asian grandma likes fish eyes...:Push:

ew this is the grossest thread, but still fun to read!!
i'm not sure if i've ever seen so many of these :sick: smilies!!

the weirdest thing i ever ate was deer (venison). i'm a very picky eater though.

I've eaten a lot of weird things.. like pig large intestine (delicious !!), or smelly tofu (it seriously smells like the water that leaks out of garbage bags.. but it's so yummy !!).

Nothing scares me like the threat of pickled watermelons though !

Not a big fan of tongue, but the MIL cooks it regularly and I can probably bring myself to eat it again. My big thing that I can't eat that I used to LOVE when I was a kid was stir fried moth larvae. They were brown and crunchy and I thought they were crunchy nuts until the truth came out. Now, every time I see them, I have a quick shudder.

when i was in france i ordered tripe, which i thought was a type of fish, but ended up being a soup made out of lamb intestines! ::sick: the soup part was really good and intestines didn't have any flavor, but they were very very chewy. not a good texture at all! :smile:

i'm the type that will try most anything once. i've had all kinds of sushi, octopus, aligator...i don't even know all of it. :smile: most of it is pretty ok.

Oooh, I remember another one:

Chicken feet

BF shivers at the thought of it. It's so yummy and I love it when I go to dimsum with my Vietnames friend.

kathyrose said:
Oooh, I remember another one:

Chicken feet

BF shivers at the thought of it. It's so yummy and I love it when I go to dimsum with my Vietnames friend.

I used to hate chicken feet up until about a year ago when I finally decide to give it a try:nuts:

here u go:

6 taco shells
1 cup grasshoppers (legs and wings removed)
2 cups water
1 onion, peeled, chopped
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
lettuce, chopped
additional onion, chopped
tomato, chopped

Bring grasshoppers, water, salt, pepper, 1 chopped onion, and bay leaf to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain off liquid. Add garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauces and simmer about 10 minutes. Partially fill taco shells with some of the grasshopper filling. Top with lettuce, onion, cheese, and tomato.