Weights of different leathers

audreylita said:
I wish I had a scale, but my alligator and crocodile bags are even lighter than box leather. By a lot!

Oh man... My husband really wishes I hadn't found your above post. Lol
That's the ONLY hang up for me, the weight. (Makes the voyage into exotics quite necessary for me! Ha ha)

With all these discussions on thinner leather lately, would those ladies with newer bags in Togo/clemence update the weights of their 35s?

35 Vache Liegee: 2 lbs. 12.0 ounces - I or J stamp
35 Clemence: 2 lbs. 11.2 ounces - K or L stamp
35 Clemence: 2 lbs. 9.7 ounces - K or L Stamp
35 Togo: 2 lbs. 8.3 ounces - M Stamp
35 CDC: 2 lbs. 2.9 ounces - F Stamp
35 Vache Trekking: 3 lbs. 1 ounce---O Stamp

Yes, croc is very much lighter than Togo for the same size. T

he only thing I would advise that you consider is how you intend to use the bag. If you intend for it to be a workhorse, Togo is going to be much more durable. I wouldn't use a croc if I am going to use it for work everyday, occasionally yes. If you want a bag that's more for events and special occasions, then a croc bag in a smaller size may be more appropriate.

Good luck in your purchase!

Reactions: Orangefanatic
Yes, croc is very much lighter than Togo for the same size. T

he only thing I would advise that you consider is how you intend to use the bag. If you intend for it to be a workhorse, Togo is going to be much more durable. I wouldn't use a croc if I am going to use it for work everyday, occasionally yes. If you want a bag that's more for events and special occasions, then a croc bag in a smaller size may be more appropriate.

Good luck in your purchase!

Yes, much lighter. Unless you are comparing against Tadalaket. I believe my 35 crocs B are heavier than my 35 Tadalaket B.

Thank you guys so much! Very useful info.

I've just weighed my Epsom 35 and added it to the list below.

Update on the weights of 35 cm Birkin without lock and clochette unless specified:

Evergraine (with lock and clochette): 3 lb and 8 oz.
(sample 2, naked): 2 lb. 11 oz.

Fjord (year 2008): 1252 g = 2 lb and 13.68 oz

Clemence range: 1209 - 1271 g (the heaviest one is from 2006) -
2 lb and 10.6462 oz - 2 lb and 12.83 oz

Buffalo: 1250 g = 2 lbs 12.1 oz

Swift : 1218 g = 2 lbs and 10.96 oz

Vache Naturelle: 1206 g = 2 lbs and 10.54 oz

Togo: 1122 g = 2 lb and 7.58 oz

Barenia (2003): 1120 g = 2 lb and 7.51 oz

Ostrich: 1106 g = 2 lb and 7.01 oz

Crinolin/Barenia: 1058 g = 2 lb and 5.32 oz

Box (2007): 1049 g = 2 lb and 5.00 oz

Chevre (2002): 995 g = 2 lb and 3.10 oz

Epsom: 1223g = 2.69lbs

Help
We need weights for 35 cm Birkins in:

Vache Liegee
Croc/Alligator
Barenia-Toile
Thank you for the infos, i am really surprised that 35 cm Birkin in epsom is heavier than Togo:amazed: i was thinking and feeling like epsom is lighter than Togo .

I am a little bit confused. I was told that Swift would be much lighter than clemency or Togo. That's why I opted for Swift. How can it be that Clemence seems to be almost the same weight if not lighter?
I noticed a significant weight difference within my Clemece Kelly (32) and my chèvre Birkin (30). The Birkin is much lighter.
So, why does there seem to be no difference at all?

So here's my 2 cents on the different weights of some bags. I do not have a scale and have many more kellys than birkins so simply did a blind test holding one in one hand and one in another. The difference in weights were dramatic enough that I don't need a scale.

My 32 cm gulliver kelly is much lighter than my 32 cm clemence. Both are retourne.

And here's a kicker. I have two 32 cm box leather kelly's, one retourne and one sellier. The sellier is quite a bit heavier than the retourne in identical leathers.

And my 25 cm swift kelly is lighter than the 25 cm chèvre.

I know this thread is about 35 cm birkins and I don't have a scale. But for me, swift and gulliver are much lighter than clemence regardless of the bag so I'm perplexed at the higher weight stated earlier in this thread.

Reactions: marbella8
Here is my contribution to the forum. The winners are Chèvre B30, Plume and BBB.

BBB 35 GHW 2.416 lb
BBB 35 PHW 2.308 lb
B35 VN 2.550 lb
B35 Togo 2.800 lb
B35 CdC 2.340 lb
B35 Porosus Croc 2.626 lb

B30 barenia 1.838 lb
B30 CdC 1.753 lb

BBK 32 1.878 lb
K32 barenia 1.921 lb
BBK 28 1.660 lb
Dalvy chamonix 1.677 lb

Plume 28 box 1.386 lb

Last edited:
Reactions: cavalla and lanit
I'll get out the postage scale and weigh some of my bags later. Maybe we can ask mods to change the thread title to reflect B and K weights overall, or just H bag weights?

I don't really notice the weight of my bags in use excluding the contents, unless it's canvas vs. leather which of course is noticeable.

Dear ladies, I may have found my 1st Kelly dream!

I have searched and read up, but couldn't seem to find the definite answer as to whether a fjord retourne Kelly 32 made around 1999-2001 could be much heavier than a togo/clemence in the same size.
I have a Bolide 31 in clemence, would you ladies reckon that a fjord K32 would be heavier?

Could anyone with a fjord K32 please please advise me on the weight of your lovely bag? :flowers::flowers:
Really praying for answers before I hit the buy button.

Thank you so much...:heart: