Weight/Sizing of Tano-newbie! Plz help!

Susan Lee

Double Trouble
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
I apologize for the double post, but I thought a new thread would be more noticeable!

:nuts:Ok, thank you to all of you wonderful enable-ers! I had never heard of Tano before this forum, and WOW, how could I have missed these bags and their gorgeous colors (love Blueberry, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald...etc....).

Now....I have a few questions....(I wish I could see these in person somewhere so I could figure it out, but after reading all of your posts I know you all will be honest with me!)
1. What is the size difference between the Streetwalker and the Boogie? I can't find a picture with size reference (or modeled on a manny).

2. How is the weight of these bags? I lOVE LOVE the Sex Bomb and Little Red Chevette-they have a similar style to my Coach Legacy Satchel (which weighs a TON but I love it anyway). I would love a bag that isn't so weighty. I also love the Boogie, the Carte Blanche and the Streetwalker.

Also, I would love to get one for my mom. She likes cross-body messenger styles, and I was eyeing the Petit Larceny for her in Grape or maybe the Mona Lethal. How are the weights of these styles? Again, she has a messenger bag but it's a heavy vintage Coach and it's hard for her to carry. She is also petite, and a bag can easily overwhelm her.

3. And finally........ I am trying to decide between the Carte Blanche and the Street Walker (or maybe I will just get both!). Any thoughts on these 2 bags?

TY in advance to all of you!

Hey there! Welcome to the Tano subforum!

Tano bags are very light weight!!! That's a general rule; I haven't met one that is heavy by any means. This goes for messenger style bags as well as the regular handbags.

The streetwalker is slighty more east west than the boogie and has more outside pockets and stud detailing, a different handle, etc.

I love my streetwalker and the carte blanche looks like a great bag! It's in a new leather this year and those deep jewel colors... so pretty! The boogie is a classic favorite and you couldn't go wrong with that either!

^Ty TygerKitty! I heard from another TPF'er that the Boogie was lightweight. I appreciate your info completely! I really like the handle on the streetwalker...and I love the slouch/strap drop/look of the boogie. So many decisions.....I am amazed at Tano's pricing-I can get 3 bags for the price of one Coach (this will make my SO very happy indeed....not to mention me as well!)

No problem, that's what we're here for!

Agreed on the pricing for sure! Coach just keeps getting more and more expensive too!

For either the streetwalker or the boogie, if you get one, it is recommended that you hang it on a doorknob overnight for probably a week with some books or something in it. This will loosen up the strap and form it so it will fit on your shoulder better... the boogie strap is just a bit stiff and the streetwalkers is stiff because it's a double rolled handle with another piece of leather around it. I have no problems with my SW strap though... but just a word of advice if you get either of those bags because it will make them more comfortable.

Hello, I am also new to the forum. I saw a Petit Larceny IRL in Grape and it is a very nice style/color combo. It is lightweight. More lightweight than Coach HTH

TY for this info-I know my mom would love the size of this bag-only thing I worry about is if it looks to "biker" like (my SO said it looks like a biker bag..what does he know anyway?)

Agreed on the pricing for sure! Coach just keeps getting more and more expensive too!

For either the streetwalker or the boogie, if you get one, it is recommended that you hang it on a doorknob overnight for probably a week with some books or something in it. This will loosen up the strap and form it so it will fit on your shoulder better... the boogie strap is just a bit stiff and the streetwalkers is stiff because it's a double rolled handle with another piece of leather around it. I have no problems with my SW strap though... but just a word of advice if you get either of those bags because it will make them more comfortable.

I can't believe their pricing...outrageous!
Thanks for the tip-I hate when straps are too stiff, and I wondered that about the streetwalker and boogie.

hi Susanlee, I have the Boogie and the French Nanny, and as much as I love the Boogie, the strap is very wide and stiff and hurts my shoulder after a while. The FN has a thinner and more narrow and flexible strap, and fits like a dream. Even though both bags are light, the FN is very light and moldable to your body, and is such a pleasure to carry! I am thinking about buying another one!

I guess the strap just depends on your particular build and preference. I'm fairly petite (5'3) and love the Boogie. I haven't had any issues with the strap, and it's very lightweight. So I can fit everything in and don't feel weighed down! I've owned Coach before, and prefer Tano in every way.

TY for this info-I know my mom would love the size of this bag-only thing I worry about is if it looks to "biker" like (my SO said it looks like a biker bag..what does he know anyway?)

Would the Getting Warmer style be too big for your mom? It has a short strap and a long strap so it appears it could be worn cross body. There is a photo on the Must Have Bag site.

well I learned something new here, thank you so much TK! I was wondering if the strap of my new Grape Boogie would loosen up on its own, but I'm going to try your trick.

thank you so much!

When I first got my Lawn Boogie a few months ago I was concerned about the strap as well but it quickly molded to my shoulder and I didn't even know about the doorknob trick at the time. My other Boogies of course have seen their fair share of knobs... it's part of the "Boogie Initiation" at my house. Lol. My Minilisa strap was comfy from the start...that was a nice change of pace.

Would the Getting Warmer style be too big for your mom? It has a short strap and a long strap so it appears it could be worn cross body. There is a photo on the Must Have Bag site.

TY for suggesting this style-this does look more like "her", especially with the turnlock pocket thingie. Now, to find out if they make it in purple!

TY to everyone who has shared about the straps/sizing and weight. I am so over carrying bags that kill my forearm/shoulder/hands after only a few hours. I am so excited to find my Tanos!:nuts: (now to decide which one first...)