Weight of Red Jumbos - 09A vs 10C

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
I was wondering if anyone here has tried carrying both the 09A Red Caviar Jumbo and the 10C Red Caviar Jumbo and noticed any weight difference?

I have a tendency to get shoulder, neck and headaches and am therefore very conscious of the weight of bags. The 09A is a pretty heavy bag (for me that is) . I am wondering if the 10C is lighter?

TIA

Really? I carried the 10C Navy caviar jumbo and it was definately lighter than my 09A Red caviar jumbo. Was hoping that would be the same for the 10C red :sad:

It's interesting that you say that Jaded, because I know it sounds crazy but the 9A red always LOOKED heavier to me, like denser... I am going to have to experiment with my bags now because my black caviar looks heavier than some of the others... Hmmmmm interesting. And well in the end I guess it's also about how much you put in it!!! SO are you selling the red 09A now??

LOL You seem to have quite the eye. Yes it is denser... it is much denser than my black jumbo and my ex-white jumbo. Also, it is far more structured! Which I love! I also love the colour. It is going to be painful letting her go. That is why I am hoping that the 10C is lighter. The 10C is beautiful but a little too bright for me I think?

I might actually consider getting a medium as a replacement... still giving it some thought. I don't actually put that much in my bags, but I do not like to overstuff my bags either and I like to have the option of putting more stuff in. Also, having a jumbo makes me feel smaller... hehe if that actually makes sense? =P

Jade, maybe you should consider the reissue 226 in the bordeaux color. It's a little darker than the 09A but the size is more practical, at least you can hold more stuff and can transit from day to night without hurting your shoulders. I have bony shoulders so when I carry my jumbo and even reissue 227 for a long period, I get shoulder aches. 226 is preferable and does not bother my shoulders. Lately, I don't even bother carrying M/L. But if you want to consider the 10C, i'd go for the medium caviar.

IRRC the 10C red caviar is only avail in jumbo.

Jade, maybe you should consider the reissue 226 in the bordeaux color. It's a little darker than the 09A but the size is more practical, at least you can hold more stuff and can transit from day to night without hurting your shoulders. I have bony shoulders so when I carry my jumbo and even reissue 227 for a long period, I get shoulder aches. 226 is preferable and does not bother my shoulders. Lately, I don't even bother carrying M/L. But if you want to consider the 10C, i'd go for the medium caviar.

Btw, what is IRRC?
I was wondering the same thing :lol:

The 10C is beautiful but a little too bright for me I think?
Honestly A...I don't think it's too bright. It is definitely brighter than the 09, but it's not in your face bright at all. (if that makes sense). Though, unfortunately, I think this only does come in the jumbo size, so that doesn't really solve your problem :sad:

Hey girl! :smile: I don't think the '10C is too bright at all, either. It's definitely brighter than the '09C, but that's relatively speaking... after getting it, I'm letting go of my '09C. The brown undertones in the '09C are so much more apparent when you compare the '10C and '09C side by side. The '10C is a TRUE red in every sense of the word.

Also (and I'd love to hear the opinions of other girls who have both bags - Hi Molly! :P)... the '10C is oddly slightly smaller than the '10C and not quite as rigid or structured. Of course, it's still the rigid caviar and is structured, but the '09C is boxier. I think that because of this, the '10C is slightly (not by much, of course) lighter. :smile:

Hey girl! :smile: I don't think the '10C is too bright at all, either. It's definitely brighter than the '09C, but that's relatively speaking... after getting it, I'm letting go of my '09C. The brown undertones in the '09C are so much more apparent when you compare the '10C and '09C side by side. The '10C is a TRUE red in every sense of the word.

Also (and I'd love to hear the opinions of other girls who have both bags - Hi Molly! :P)... the '10C is oddly slightly smaller than the '10C and not quite as rigid or structured. Of course, it's still the rigid caviar and is structured, but the '09C is boxier. I think that because of this, the '10C is slightly (not by much, of course) lighter. :smile:

Minal, while I like the color of the 10C more than the 09C/09A in person, I prefer the more structured look and flat/wider CC turnknob of the 09C, so these are the reason I'm sticking with my 09C.

^Hi Sophie! :smile: I agree... and if I didn't also have the '07P bijoux chain Jumbo, which is as structured as they come, I'd be in the same boat as you. :smile: I really do love the '10C shade of red though, and it isn't the smushy caviar haha (so not my thing), so I'm really happy. I guess it's also nice to have two very (well, in my silly mind!) different red caviar Jumbos. :smile: