Weight of our LV Bags

BagDreams

Jan 26, 2012
Hello everyone. Whenever I choose a bag to buy, the weight of the bag is a very big and important factor for me. Do you ever feel the same?

I always find myself disliking a bag if it's too heavy on my shoulder or hand. Is there anywhere on the website where we can view the weight of the bags? I try to visit my local store whenever I am choosing which bag to buy, but the SA's are unable to give the information on weight. So I just kinda end up estimating which is heavier than which. I tried asking if they have a weighing scale, but no luck.

Does anyone else wish we could have access to this information?

I also feel the same. I want a lightweight bag. I picked up the speedy B25 before but I noticed the strap is heavy on my shoulder. I don't know if it's just because it was DE. I read that the mono strap overtime is not heavy because it's not treated leather. Don't know if it's true.

It would be so helpful to me if LV listed the weight of the bags too. I like a medium/large size bag but need it to be as light as possible. I think the type of strap also affects how heavy a bag feels.

View attachment 2740218

Thanks OP for this thread . Meanwhile, hope this helps.

Capucine bb : 865g with strap/ 783g without strap

Empriete speedy b 25cm : 846g with straps/ 688g without straps

Milla clutch mm : 146g

Btw, I use the Tanita baking scale to weigh them.

Thank you so much for this information. Let's start a list of the weight of our bags weighed as accurately as we can. Hope others can add to the list. Just copy paste the existing list and add on what you have. Let's do it in alphabetical order so it will be easier as the list gets longer.

Capucine BB - 865g with strap/783g without strap
Milla clutch mm - 146g
Speedy Empreinte 25 - 846g with straps/688g without straps
Totally MM - 690g

Reactions: musk_plus
This is one of the reason I like to see the bag in person. I can try it on and see if it's too heavy for me. I used to carry big bags and pretty much taking the kitchen sink with me. But since I realized it's hurting my back and my neck, I turn for smaller or lighter weight bags. I do buy LV leather bags, but I do try them on to make sure I can carry it with my items in the bag.

I also don't like bags that are very heavy. However, I've noticed that you can also get used to the weight - for example, at first, my Empreinte Speedy 35 felt really heavy when filled with my stuff, but after a few weeks of carrying it, I'm totally used to it and don't even notice it anymore. But of course it's not good to carry anything too heavy, especially if one suffers from back etc. problems.

Reactions: ktd22
I think it's a great idea to have a bag weight thread since LV, for some reason, puts as little information as possible on their website. It's ridiculous. If the info isn't here in the morning I can add it for the bags I own.

I usually stick to coated canvas bags (LV or other brands) to keep the weight down. I did buy a leather MK this year and found it very heavy (especially since I immediately took it on a two week trip and had extra stuff in it I don't normally carry). It's important to watch what you carry too - but if the bag itself is heavy that just makes it worse. I wonder if LV has a helpdesk (if you're ordering online) that can provide this information?

Reactions: lemondln
I usually stick to coated canvas bags (LV or other brands) to keep the weight down. I did buy a leather MK this year and found it very heavy (especially since I immediately took it on a two week trip and had extra stuff in it I don't normally carry). It's important to watch what you carry too - but if the bag itself is heavy that just makes it worse. I wonder if LV has a helpdesk (if you're ordering online) that can provide this information?

I think it's a great idea to have a bag weight thread since LV, for some reason, puts as little information as possible on their website. It's ridiculous. If the info isn't here in the morning I can add it for the bags I own.

I think it's so simple for them to give the information on the website AND to just have a small weighing scale in their store. I don't get why they can't provide.

I hope everyone can add in the information on this thread.

What are the maximum weight can be loaded into a neverfull mm size??
I always thinking did I always overloaded my neverfull mm? overloaded gonna damage the bag or not ??