Weight of Mid Day ...

Aug 10, 2006
Hi all,

I'm contemplating on purchasing the charbon mid day that ****** is selling, but I wanted to know what's the approximate weight of the bag. Can anyone provide some insight for me?

I have a giant city and I thought it was a bit heavy with the gold hardware so I don't use it as much. How does the city compare in size to the mid day?

Thanks!

All the Mid Days have Giant Hardware so they are pretty heavy comparatively. They are definitely larger and heavier than the city. I also think they are nice and generous with the leather on the Mid Days making for nice wrinkly, slouchy bags, but also adding more weight. Love them though!!

I just bought both a City and Midday with GGH - and the Midday is definitely much heavier! The leather is a lot thicker. Plus, there's just more of it since it's bigger than the City. However, I'm used to carrying heavier bags so I don't really mind it. I'm using it as my main work bag - so like its size and sturdiness. I'm saving my City for night's out on the town:smile:

The charbon is a beautiful color!

I'm contemplating the mid day from ****** in praline, good to hear your comments. I'm used to heavy bags too, so I'm okay with that, but I'm having trouble getting through all the various styles. Wish I could hold them all first, who has the best store selections?

^^^ Oh ReRe that is a gorgeous praline Mid Day Erica has at ******!! You will love it - it is big enough for everything but not a bottomless pit! It is so comfortable on the shoulder or arm. I think it is the BEST all around bag Bal makes. Go for it!!

Thanks Juldoc...I've been procrastinating since she posted it. I have so many beautiful cream bags, and don't need another, and have bought so many bags since October, I need to stop, but I keep going back to it. I just wish I could check it out in person, I've only had one BAL, a denim city, which I sold, its much easier to purchase on line when you've seen them in person. I worry about getting it, then wishing I had picked another style. I need to decide before its gone though! I know she has great deals.

The praline really has nice, thick leather! I'm debating on purchasing the charbon though -- I really like the look of the mid day and how it can be dressy or casual. And, I don't have a brown bag which would go with a lot of my wardrobe.

Ahh, decisions decisions ...

I'm contemplating the mid day from ****** in praline, good to hear your comments. I'm used to heavy bags too, so I'm okay with that, but I'm having trouble getting through all the various styles. Wish I could hold them all first, who has the best store selections?

Praline - great color! Keep us posted if you wind up getting it. BTW, your kitty is so cute. Is she a Ragdoll breed by chance? My Ragdoll kitty looks just like yours!

I've just purchased a 09 CGH anthra Midday. While the bag is heavier than it would be if it were RH (I know, it doesn't exist), it's lighter than the SGH version. I think you should just go for it, you get used to the heavier bag very quickly :smile: