Weight of Large Campana

NYCgirl

O.G.
Oct 29, 2006
As of late I've only been wearing small crossbody bags (pretty much my Ebano Pillow bag or Chanel Reissue) both of which are smaller bags than the larger shoulder bags I used to wear. Today I carried my Ebano Large Campana. I noticed when I got home after a couple hours walking around that my right shoulder and arm (the shoulder I was carrying it on) was very sore. I didn't even have a lot in the campana. I've definitely carried much heavier loads in it before, although I've probably have only carried the campana a couple times in the last year. I'm also 32 weeks pregnant, so everything is harder to do.

I just wondered if anyone else has had this experience after not carrying a shoulder bag for awhile, or might it be worse in as big a bag as the Large Campana?

Also, can anyone please let me know how the weight of the Large Campana when carried compares with the Medium Cabat? Would the Cabat be any lighter on the shoulder?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the cabat, even a plain nappa one, is much heavier. I find the Veneta and cervo baseball style two of the lightest weight BV bags.
Having a history of shoulder and neck pain from numerous bags, I find that the comfort level also changes with where the weight falls. I can carry my veneta on my shoulder because the weight is higher....just under my arm. However, when I wanted a cervo and tried one on (empty), the weight even of the empty bag was low and I knew I wouldn't last five minutes with it on my shoulder. My tiny cross body has been ok even though it's low because I carry it nearly empty, theres no weight involved, to speak of, and I usually carry it cross body rather than on my shoulder which also works better. However, this problem didn't arise until I was in my 50's. This is probably of no help to you, as you are young and pregnant, which is infinitely more exciting than being 64 with shoulder pain! :smile:

Having a history of shoulder and neck pain from numerous bags, I find that the comfort level also changes with where the weight falls. I can carry my veneta on my shoulder because the weight is higher....just under my arm. However, when I wanted a cervo and tried one on (empty), the weight even of the empty bag was low and I knew I wouldn't last five minutes with it on my shoulder. My tiny cross body has been ok even though it's low because I carry it nearly empty, theres no weight involved, to speak of, and I usually carry it cross body rather than on my shoulder which also works better. However, this problem didn't arise until I was in my 50's. This is probably of no help to you, as you are young and pregnant, which is infinitely more exciting than being 64 with shoulder pain! :smile:
Lol......not young and not pregnant! I'm older than you! I too have to take weight bearing into consideration. It's one reason BV appeals to me, at least the ones that lack hardware and a lot of leather, like the cabats which have leather inside and out.

Lol......not young and not pregnant! I'm older than you! I too have to take weight bearing into consideration. It's one reason BV appeals to me, at least the ones that lack hardware and a lot of leather, like the cabats which have leather inside and out.
Oops! Yikes! I was referring to NYCgirl re: pregnancy.

That definitely makes sense. The weight inside the Campana rests lower, so that might have been putting pressure on my shoulder. I'm hoping it will not bother me after she's born and I get back to a better weight. I'm also petite, so having the extra weight makes everything harder to do. I guess if that doesn't help, I'll have to rethink carrying a larger bag for long amounts of time.