Weighed my bag ( IRENE ) at the grocery store

MrsKewlKiwi

Feb 10, 2008
Any of you ever done that? The produce guy just laughed at me and asked me why I was doing that? I told him that I just needed to know how much the bag weighed ....any way it came out to 5.5 pounds. I am so thrilled because I need a light weight bag and this bag is totally awesome with looks and lightness! I had been carrying the Delightful MM and thought I was switching to a heavier bag when this one arrived but....I totally blessed to have another light bag.

So

How much does your bag weigh?

Do you think that it is on the heavy side for you or the lighter side?

Sorry I didn't say but ....It was the Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Irene that I weighed. Please weigh your bags and let us know what they weigh. I will use a wet wipe on my bag to clear off any germs. Thanks for the tip.

All of my LV bags are pretty light. I've never thought to weigh them! The hand luggage allowance on my next flight is only 5kg so I'm in trouble if that's what my bag weighs empty! :lol:

i compare bag weight to watermelons. a 4 to 5 lb. watermelon is my treshold and thats heavy for me already, like i'd need to roll it off to the cart or not pick up at all. so a bag that already weighs a 1-3 lbs. for me without contents i skip purchasing.

MrsKewlKiwi said:
Sorry I didn't say but ....It was the Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Irene that I weighed. Please weigh your bags and let us know what they weigh. I will use a wet wipe on my bag to clear off any germs. Thanks for the tip.

Hi Irene twin!
My Irene does get pretty heavy with all the crap I carry in it...but most beautiful mono bag to me, I carry her a lot!
I used as a carry on our Japan trip recently, i can't tell you how much exactly it weighed, but it was like 5 times heavier than usual!! :smile:

OMG, OP this thread is adorable! I assume, of course, that the bag was completely empty when you weighed it? 5.5 seems kind of heavy to me. Anyways, if I ever saw you at the local grocery store weighing your bag I probably would've started shaking my head and thought, "She must be a TPF'r...." LOL