Weekly professional blowouts -- do you get them?

that's awful, larissa! I feel so badly.

I have a stupid question. Is it only coarse or curly or african american hair that benefits from frequent blowouts or is it ok for me, who is a european with normal to oily hair? I like it when i go to a salon but i'm not sure it's worth going in for just a wash and a blowout. i hate to sound dumb, but what's the advantage?

i ask because i'm getting my makeup done for my birthday next month and i'm thinking maybe i'll get my hair done, too?

wow Pursegrrl, you are lucky! I dream of having a hairdresser come to my house to do my hair!!

I also do not understand the concept of weekly/bi-weekly salon blowouts?? I wash my hair everyday in the shower and then I dry it, straighten it, make it pretty and then by the end of the day it looks like hell! haha so how on EARTH do you ladies keep it "salon beautiful" for up to a WEEK?!?!?!!!!??? It honestly blows my mind. BLOWS. MY. MIND. hahaha I have spent years trying to figure this out. :roflmfao: I must be nuts!

Those who get weekly blowouts as your primary hairstyling method, explain your routine in a bit more detail please :smile: When do you make/find time to go? How do you keep it looking good for so long? I would love to hear this :woohoo:

I don't understand the concept either, I'm just lucky that I have friends who do hair and they don't mind styling my hair for the weekend or if I have dates :graucho:

My blowouts last probably 2 days and then I have to shampoo it out. I am amazed that some people can keep their hairstyles for a week! Lucky!

I also do not understand the concept of weekly/bi-weekly salon blowouts?? I wash my hair everyday in the shower and then I dry it, straighten it, make it pretty and then by the end of the day it looks like hell! haha so how on EARTH do you ladies keep it "salon beautiful" for up to a WEEK?!?!?!!!!??? It honestly blows my mind. BLOWS. MY. MIND. hahaha I have spent years trying to figure this out. :roflmfao: I must be nuts!

I was just thinking the same thing! I wash my hair daily, use products, blow it out and flat iron myself. It looks great for a day. After sleeping on it, my hair looks horrible, and must be washed. My hair holds curl & style extraordinarily well (I can literally set it in cold rollers for about 5 minutes and it'll hold curl until I wash it), so however I sleep, that's the way it is staying, and no amount of primping will correct it.

I never even thought of going to the salon 2-3x per week as an option. I can't believe there are people who never wash their own hair! How does that work? How do you keep it looking nice if you only go 2x week?

Oh, and to answer the actual question of this thread, I get a blowout about once every 4-6 weeks when I get my hair cut. Even then I sometimes skip the blowout and just get a cut, especially if I go in the evening after work and am headed straight home. Either way, I wash my hair the next day.

I couldn't do it because a. I'm too lazy and it takes me three minutes to style my hair curly and b. I go to the gym almost everyday, and there is no way my hair would look good without my washing it after I sweat up a storm. :smile: I always wondered how ladies managed that! :hrmm: I think straight hair is really polished and pretty, and the few times I've had my hair blown out professionally, it's looked great. I just could never sacrifice my laziness (or workouts!) to make it a regular part of my beauty routine haha. :smile:

Last edited:
One of my former bosses did this 2-3 times a week. Shes alot older like upper 50s to 60s? I don't think she washed her hair on her own at all. I think she went to the paul mitchell salon or this french place. Can't rememebr but I used to make the appointments for her and change the appt. times like 10x a week. She also had thin hair which may be why she didn't want to deal with it herself.

I dont style mine at all. I usually leave my hair in a bun so I get natural looking curls or i let it air dry on its own since my hair is naturally wavy. If I want it straight, i use my T3 Tourmaline Straightener.

Only after haircuts. My hair looks the same anyways, I just leave it or straighten it. The only thing I wish I could run to my stylist every day for is my bangs--I can't EVER make them look right.

I couldn't do it because a. I'm too lazy and it takes me three minutes to style my hair curly and b. I go to the gym almost everyday, and there is no way my hair would look good without my washing it after I sweat up a storm. :smile: I always wondered how ladies managed that! :hrmm: I think straight hair is really polished and pretty, and the few times I've had my hair blown out professionally, it's looked great. I just could never sacrifice my laziness (or workouts!) to make it a regular part of my beauty routine haha. :smile:

Jennifer Lopez gets blow outs right after the gym. try that

I used to do this a lot when I had extensions. My arm would get sotired from drying all that hair. It looked wonderful and you did not have to wash but every 3-5 days. I thought that was gross at first. Your hair gets accustomed to not being washed and does not get greasy anymore. if I felt my bangs were a little greasy then I would just wash dry and flat iron them without doing the rest of my hair. My hair ended up alot healthier. My friends would always tell me to not wash my hair when we were going out. They said it looks so much better after a few days of not washing. They said it looks healthy and shiny not fluffy which often happens the day you wash your hair.ld

Oh and if I was doing something where I was going to sweat I tied my hair in a bun off of my neck and would just wash the bangs and edges afterwards

I never get blowouts, not even if I get my haircut b/c I don't really care for the look. My hair is pretty straight and I usually wash it every other night and let it dry naturally. If I'm being lazy I just brush my hair and wear it half up with a claw clip, or I'll tease a couple sections at the crown and scalp and wear a headband. Usually I pull it back in a ponytail and curl it with hot rollers, it is so easy and I like the curls better than straight. I just roll it, leave it in while I eat breakfast and get ready, and then take out the rollers and ponytail and the bottom half is perfectly curled but the top is still smooth. I used to use a curling iron but that is a lot more work and time and my arm would get tired.

Wow, I didn't know this was so common.

I have to wash my hair everyday or it just grosses me out because I don't like feeling greasy and I have pretty oily hair, but I blow dry my own hair everyday! I bought a nice Chi blowdryer and also straigtener but I blow dry and straighten it or curl it pretty much everyday. I thought that's what most people did? I had no clue that so many people went to the salon!

Please be careful with these salons. I would occasionally go and get a doobie (roller set) and have them wrap it whenever I didn't have time to get to my regular salon. They always wanted to blow my hair out but I would stick to my wrap. About a year ago I did let them blow it out...well when I went back to my normal stylist he said that my hair was all ripped up. He couldn't tell if they had singed it with a too hot blow dryer or just plain ripped it out! I ended up having to cut my below the shoulder length hair into a bob. Thank God that was style was in last year! I'm still growing my hair back.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of! I have heard good and bad things about their blow outs. I'm a fan of healthy hair so I think I'll stay away from those shops. So sorry this hap to you.Thanks for this!