Weekly professional blowouts -- do you get them?

I do it every Friday if not every other. It lasts until Sunday morning. I do primp it on Saturday a little. I also am great with my hair. I use all the same products, and h/d that my stylists uses. I love going in to the salon, and I enjoy the break of dealing with it sometimes. Its just something fun I like to do for myself.

I don't have the money or the time to get this done, however, I'm getting pretty darn good at the blowouts myself. I do have to straighten it a bit with a flat iron, my GHD can get it done fast.

I only get blowouts when I get my hair cut since it's hard to find the time to get them with a toddler running around. I do have a T3 blow dryer so I'm tempted to learn how to do it myself. Where can I get professional quality brushes?

Also, if anyone knows of great blow out tutorials on youtube, please link! There are so many, it's hard to wade through them all to find a good one. :smile:

My friend that gets blowouts once a week doesn't wash her hair until the next one. She uses dry shampoo and a showercap to make it last.

I've always had this question for people that get their hair blown out once a week - do you, then, not wash your hair until you go back to get it blown out again? I've always been confused about this, because my hair would look really greasy after about 4 days, kwim? Maybe I just don't understand the routine - enlighten me!

hello fellow georgia bulldog! :wlae: anyway, this is such a foreign concept to me, especially now that my hair is boy-short. unless it's new years or something along those lines, i don't see the point.

My mother goes everyweek to the salon to have her hair washed & straightened. She pays $20. She is good friends with the girl who does her hair & she can basically show up whenever my mom needs her to. I personally wouldn't do it because my hair is easy to straighten but my mom doesn't like to do it herself!

I bought a super expenve hairdryer(the same one my stylist uses) and i can pretty much give myself a killer blowout ,yself.The trick is to WATCH your stylist like a hawk when she blows u out.....u learn all the tricks!!!!
BUT I do have her blowout my hair EVERY time i go away....

Jill - what kind of hair dryer do you have?

I would love to be able to do this, but if my hair isn't washed daily I look like a disgusting greaseball. :yucky: I'm so envious of people who don't have to do their hair every day.

There was a how-to article in In Style a few months ago...or maybe it was Lucky. It was with Michelle Trachtenberg.

I guess I'm lucky that my hairdresser comes to my house! It's not her primary job anymore, but she loves doing it and it's nice to just be in sweats and slippers and have her cut/blow out my hair in the kitchen.

I actually DO enjoy the salon experience so I get that fix when I get my highlights retouched...my colorist styles/blows out my hair too when she's done with all those foils!

I guess I'm lucky that my hairdresser comes to my house! It's not her primary job anymore, but she loves doing it and it's nice to just be in sweats and slippers and have her cut/blow out my hair in the kitchen.

I actually DO enjoy the salon experience so I get that fix when I get my highlights retouched...my colorist styles/blows out my hair too when she's done with all those foils!

wow Pursegrrl, you are lucky! I dream of having a hairdresser come to my house to do my hair!!

I also do not understand the concept of weekly/bi-weekly salon blowouts?? I wash my hair everyday in the shower and then I dry it, straighten it, make it pretty and then by the end of the day it looks like hell! haha so how on EARTH do you ladies keep it "salon beautiful" for up to a WEEK?!?!?!!!!??? It honestly blows my mind. BLOWS. MY. MIND. hahaha I have spent years trying to figure this out. :roflmfao: I must be nuts!

Those who get weekly blowouts as your primary hairstyling method, explain your routine in a bit more detail please :smile: When do you make/find time to go? How do you keep it looking good for so long? I would love to hear this :woohoo:

wow Pursegrrl, you are lucky! I dream of having a hairdresser come to my house to do my hair!!

I also do not understand the concept of weekly/bi-weekly salon blowouts?? I wash my hair everyday in the shower and then I dry it, straighten it, make it pretty and then by the end of the day it looks like hell! haha so how on EARTH do you ladies keep it "salon beautiful" for up to a WEEK?!?!?!!!!??? It honestly blows my mind. BLOWS. MY. MIND. hahaha I have spent years trying to figure this out. :roflmfao: I must be nuts!

Those who get weekly blowouts as your primary hairstyling method, explain your routine in a bit more detail please :smile: When do you make/find time to go? How do you keep it looking good for so long? I would love to hear this :woohoo:

OK, just a quick reality check on a personal home visit, it's super super casual. What's great is the convenience. Plus, she's been cutting my hair for 15+ years and really is like family. I'd followed her around from salon to salon and when she had to cut back on expenses after her divorce and stop leasing a chair in a pricey salon she went freelance with hair cutting and took up a different day job meanwhile.

It's definitely not glamorous - she doesn't do a shampoo; she sprays my (dry) hair with a spray bottle and just cuts my hair in my kitchen. I trust her so implicitly I don't even have a mirror while she's doing it. We just talk through what I want to do and she does a fabulous job! Then, she'll blow dry/style my hair and finishes it off with my ghd flatiron. Oh, and I get to sweep up my own hair clippings when she's done, LOL.

Anyway, more back on topic, I'm curious as well to hear what others do to keep hair fresh between blowouts. I personally love the ritual of shampooing/conditioning my hair every day; I love the scents and it helps me wake up. :smile:

I used to get regular blowouts, but I don't anymore cuz med school gives me crazy hours and I don't have time sadly for that.

Now I just get them when I get my hair trimmed, get a hair cut, or get my hair styled for an event.

My friend works at Aveda and she would charge me $15 to do a blowout, which was a great price. She wanted to do it for free but the salon owners wouldn't let her LOL.

I go to the Dominicans every Wednesday for a $30 blowout. My hair is too long and thick for me to even try to do it alone. Summertime I go 2x a week. If I don't have meetings I'll usually just wash my hair and style with a GHD.

I keep hearing both good things and bad things about those salons. So I dont know if I should do it.

however I get my hair blown out professionaly bi-weekly...that is if Im not lazy

Me too and a new one just opened up close to my house. I usually maintain my own hair and maybe once a month i'll go in to a salon for a relaxer and trim.

Me too and a new one just opened up close to my house. I usually maintain my own hair and maybe once a month i'll go in to a salon for a relaxer and trim.

Please be careful with these salons. I would occasionally go and get a doobie (roller set) and have them wrap it whenever I didn't have time to get to my regular salon. They always wanted to blow my hair out but I would stick to my wrap. About a year ago I did let them blow it out...well when I went back to my normal stylist he said that my hair was all ripped up. He couldn't tell if they had singed it with a too hot blow dryer or just plain ripped it out! I ended up having to cut my below the shoulder length hair into a bob. Thank God that was style was in last year! I'm still growing my hair back.