weekender? Need your expert help!!!

xiaoxiao

O.G.
May 15, 2008
Hi ladies!! I am new to the b forum, but I usually hang out at the h forum. Nice to 'meet' you all!!!

I have a dilemma and would like to ask for your help. I love big bags... I have recently acquired a Kelly 40 in saphire blue in clemence and just love it. It is really bag and slouchy, just the way I like her! I also have a Kelly in 35 in box but I prefer bigger bag instead. I have been thinking a weekender and have checked out the reference guide for sizing but just not too sure how easy to use they are. And also, I wonder if they are roomy enough for another weekend bag. I have a lv keepall in 55 and that is my default weekend bag. But now with a baby, I need another one to use as another diaper bag besides my Kelly.

In your opinion, do you think the weekender is useful for me? Are they water resistant? Easy to get in and out from? Do your things get lost in yours? Do you use the shoulder strap?

TIa!!!

OOH, I tried one on yesterday at Neiman in bubble gum pink - OMG, I saw it across the store and was drawn to it. It is huge - which I like. It seemed like it would be pretty easy to take care of. It's soft and mushy too...but looks like the weathered look would look good on it, you know?

I am ashamed to admit it, but I want it as my everyday bag...haha

The weekender is huge and too much so for me. As for being water resistant, Bbags are NOT and have to be kept dry and out of the rain. I, personally, would never use one for a baby what with wet diapers, bottles, etc. I think some on here do though.

The LV is a good choice because of the material they are made of. Just don't think a Bbag WE is a good choice. All personal opinion however. Goog luck! :tup:

I've been drooling over Bal Weekenders for months. However, I'd have to use it for carting materials daily for teaching, and believe me, Bal does not do well under rough and tumble conditions. It is definitely not a good candidate for a diaper bag. I'm sorrier about this than you are.....:crybaby:

Ahhhhh! Thanks so much for everybody's advise! Now I know I can stop thinking about it. PHEW. Yeah you guys are definitely right: I am looking for something that I can use carefree, KWIM?

Thanks!!!

^^I'd get a '07 or '08 weekender. Starting with those seasons they made the handles longer and you will have NO problem carrying it over your shoulder. FYI neither the work or WE comes with a strap. I think you're more of a weekender girl. It's slouchy, buttery perfection.

GL!

Thanks, beauxgoris. I will look for those two years weekenders!! Hope B-forum has a list of reputable resellers as well in case I want to check out the '07s... (Do they sell last year's stock at the stores still? If not, then the resellers are my only hope for the color choices...)

call balenciaga new york, they should have a 2006 Ink weekender , a 2006 rogue vif weekender and i think a 2007 white one.

Aloha rag in Hawaii should have a 2006 mogano and a 2007 cafe.

Neiman Marcus in Hawaii should have a 2007 Tabac / sienna.

I just found my HG 2007 Plomb weekender and she is just gorgy!!!

Go for the weekender.. you will absolutely love it!!!:tup:

call balenciaga new york, they should have a 2006 Ink weekender , a 2006 rogue vif weekender and i think a 2007 white one.

Aloha rag in Hawaii should have a 2006 mogano and a 2007 cafe.

Neiman Marcus in Hawaii should have a 2007 Tabac / sienna.

I just found my HG 2007 Plomb weekender and she is just gorgy!!!

Go for the weekender.. you will absolutely love it!!!:tup:

Wah you are good!!!!!! :tup:

Thank you so so much!!! Hubby is going away for a bachelor party this weekend so I will go check the store in ny out! Thanks so much again!! One last question: do they have a leather/ color book I can refer back on? In case i want a color they don't have...

TIA for your patience in explaining!

Thanks RARE... Do you prefer Work or WE? I have bitten by the H bug and really haven't checked out ANY bags besides H at all! LOL... Thanks again!

By RARE, do you mean me? RERE? :P

I don't have a Work but I've been dying to get one. Once they're broken in they look sooooo fabulous. Many ladies here can attest to that! I think it is one of those bags that looks like it might be too big at first, but perfect as it gets worn in with love.

That being said... I'm gonna go find myself a Work now. :idea:

Yes they do. But , sometimes they are so busy that they can't chat all day with you regarding year and colors...

You are better off visiting the balenciaga reference library here in the forum.

If you call balenciaga new york, ask for Cynthia de Leon ( real sweet) tell her i am looking for the old stock brand new balenciaga weekenders at the back.

Then , balenciaga Los angeles ( ask for Jupiter) real sweet guy.

Aloha rag people are just sweet whoever you end up talking to.

And, once you get your weekender... you post pictures... we would love to see your first balenciaga...

Good luck!!!:yes:

Wah you are good!!!!!! :tup:

Thank you so so much!!! Hubby is going away for a bachelor party this weekend so I will go check the store in ny out! Thanks so much again!! One last question: do they have a leather/ color book I can refer back on? In case i want a color they don't have...

TIA for your patience in explaining!

By RARE, do you mean me? RERE? :P

I don't have a Work but I've been dying to get one. Once they're broken in they look sooooo fabulous. Many ladies here can attest to that! I think it is one of those bags that looks like it might be too big at first, but perfect as it gets worn in with love.

That being said... I'm gonna go find myself a Work now. :idea:

Ooops stupid auto spell check. :shame: sorry!!! :shame:

I guess I need to check work now!!! Can I ask you why you like work better? Is it the size or the look? I think someone mentioned they don't have straps, would you recommend something that does? One reason why I love Kelly is that it comes with a strap and its great to keeps hands free with my 7 months old!

Weekenders are fabulous. They have a glazed leather like all Bbags, but if you continually scuff the corners they will start to absorb moisture. The overall glaze on the Bbag leather gives it a little water resistance. I have a BG Pink Weekender and it's just scrumptious. I love the Bbag leather and in the weekender I have a lot of it. I take mine to the gym, as carry on luggage in a plane and even take it camping (I keep her locked up in a tent of course) I love to use my weekender as a pillow too!!!