Weekender leather types?

I´m planning to get my first balenciaga purchase. I´ m going for the weekender. It´s hard to find a weekender in Germany so I contacted the bal store in london. Now I´ve read some threads about asking your SA to pick a special type of leather for you. Since I´m not that much familiar with balenciaga, what options do I have? I reckon every year the type of leather differs? Or what is that all about? What would be the best choice to ask for?

Further more I´ve read that the weekender 07 and fwd have longer handles, so that it will fit over my shoulder. The balenciaga.com store says the drop for the classic weekender handles is 10,9 cm. That seems quiet small. Any experiences? Will it fit?

I haven´t got a reply from the london store. But they´ll probably send me an order form, which i fill with my cc details. That how it works, am I right?
I´m sooo exited and a bit anxcious about sending them my cc details. So please calm me down ladies. Anyone bought from the london store lately?

Hi! I've never bought from the London store, but from what I have seen and bought, it appears there are different leathers for different bags of the same model as well! For instance, I looked at two Officier Weekenders. Both were completely different leathers - one was glossy, with loads of crackling - like a cracked porcelain vase, and quite thin leather, all of which I personally love. The other Weekender in the same colour and same year, was thicker leather, with almost no wrinkles in it - what the Bal folk call "chewy".

Just decide what your preference is, ask the SA to help pick one out for you as per your description.

I think the best way to figure out what you like is to go to a German store that stocks Bal, and - regardless of the model and colour of the Bbag, get a feel for the bag in real life.

There are also threads on this forum, where some owners have taken pictures of their bags - check out the Reveal threads for some really good, clear pictures.

Weekender handles can fit over the shoulder, depending on whether you have more or less muscle in your arms. I believe they generally fit over the shoulder, as that is how most overnight bags are designed to be carried.

As far as sending in your CC details - a big main store is generally safe to deal with. Have a look at the list in the TPF Balenciaga Reference Section for reputable stores all over the world, and online stores as well: it's been collated by Bbag lovers who are super careful.

Hope this helps, and enjoy purchasing and using your new Weekender!