WEEKENDER GIFT

G.Allyn

O.G.
Dec 12, 2013
Hello everyone,

I need help picking out a graduation gift for the daughter of a friend. I am not sure if a Getaway Cabriolet Weekender is a good gift for a young woman off to university in the autumn.

On the D&B site, they have navy, black, tan or dark grey. What color should I pick? If this is a silly gift, does anyone have a few suggestions they can send my way. We don't have children and are often stuck for ideas.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I need help picking out a graduation gift for the daughter of a friend. I am not sure if a Getaway Cabriolet Weekender is a good gift for a young woman off to university in the autumn.

On the D&B site, they have navy, black, tan or dark grey. What color should I pick? If this is a silly gift, does anyone have a few suggestions they can send my way. We don't have children and are often stuck for ideas.

Thanks!
I think it's a great gift. When kids come home from school for weekends or breaks or they visit friends at other schools they need something to pack their stuff (or laundry if going home to Mom). As for color..... I'd go with navy.... it will work with jeans. Tan will get dirty. Dark grey and black are also ok.

I think it's a great gift. When kids come home from school for weekends or breaks or they visit friends at other schools they need something to pack their stuff (or laundry if going home to Mom). As for color..... I'd go with navy.... it will work with jeans. Tan will get dirty. Dark grey and black are also ok.

Thanks for your feedback. Lavenderjunkie, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I worry at times my gift ideas miss the mark. I just gave my husband a gift I thought he would love and it kind of fell flat. He was polite and thanked me, but I think he thought it was an odd gift. Well I tried!

Thanks for your feedback. Lavenderjunkie, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I worry at times my gift ideas miss the mark. I just gave my husband a gift I thought he would love and it kind of fell flat. He was polite and thanked me, but I think he thought it was an odd gift. Well I tried!
A gift from the heart is never wrong!!!

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Wow what a generous gift!! The only thing I would ask is if it has a shoulder strap? I looked at the one on the .com and it didn’t look like it had one? So, maybe a model of the cabriolet weekender that does have a shoulder strap if that one doesn’t. But, that is a gift that will last a life time.:smile:

Wow what a generous gift!! The only thing I would ask is if it has a shoulder strap? I looked at the one on the .com and it didn’t look like it had one? So, maybe a model of the cabriolet weekender that does have a shoulder strap if that one doesn’t. But, that is a gift that will last a life time.:smile:

Good reminder about the shoulder strap. I agree, it needs to be the style that comes with a strap you can use or remove. I am glad you pointed this out. I thought all the weekender styles came with the shoulder/cross body strap. I think I will find a D&B travel bag with a strap and the cabriolet fabric in navy.

Good reminder about the shoulder strap. I agree, it needs to be the style that comes with a strap you can use or remove. I am glad you pointed this out. I thought all the weekender styles came with the shoulder/cross body strap. I think I will find a D&B travel bag with a strap and the cabriolet fabric in navy.

Worth checking out, although when I looked up the style you referenced in your original post, I thought it had a longer strap. But, it wasn't something I focused on, so this is a very good thing for all of us to double check when purchasing handbags. The Dooney collectors can be so helpful.

The weekender is a great idea. I agree with LJ, love the navy. Another idea is a backpack. I do recall trekking through campus and a backpack would have been mighty handy. There are many to choose from and a good variety of price points.