WEEKENDER...color??

Nov 21, 2006
What color do you think the weekender looks beat in for everyday wear. Also, I'm looking for it in the regular hardware. Thanks :smile:

Joycece

Jan 24, 2013
Canada
Gris tarmac might be a good choice for both Summer and Winter, but Anth is the best color to show the contract between hardware and the leather.

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
Pretty neutral and very casual..usually in jeans
Ok, so I would say black or a blue. Grey is nice too, but won't mix as well if you wear brown (unless you have grey on somewhere else too). Blue or black kind of mesh with everything, esp if you wear jeans very often.

Nov 21, 2006
Ok, so I would say black or a blue. Grey is nice too, but won't mix as well if you wear brown (unless you have grey on somewhere else too). Blue or black kind of mesh with everything, esp if you wear jeans very often.
Do you like black better than anthracite? Thanks :smile:

jilly.bean

Jan 23, 2013
Do you like black better than anthracite? Thanks :smile:
i personally like black more because anthra has blue/green undertones depending on the light. however, the intensity of the anthra undertones really depends on each individual bag (and even year) as many tpfers have said.

telrunya

O.G.
Nov 8, 2007
black, gris tarmac or cassis! black and gris tarmac are great neutrals and will prob go with most outfits... cassis is a nice red that is not too loud for such a big bag.

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
i personally like black more because anthra has blue/green undertones depending on the light. however, the intensity of the anthra undertones really depends on each individual bag (and even year) as many tpfers have said.
I would trust what Jilly is saying, I have only seen the anthra in person one time.

koothy

Feb 14, 2013
Michigan
For weekend I would go with bright color. I saw one girl one time with a Red color (few years ago) and she dressed all black. It's stunning.
It depends on what color you normally wear.

justpeachy4397

Melissa
O.G.
Mar 21, 2010
TX
For those of you that have a weekender, do you regret it once you have it that's it's too big?
The weekender is too big for me, and I find the handle drop to be a little inconvenient for weekend use (ie packing the bag with my weekend belongings, which can get heavy!).

maxxout

K 28 size reference
O.G.
Mar 27, 2010
Weekender is too big for me. But I would get a dark color as it will make it seem smaller.
There is a 2004 black pewter H bag at RDC, I think. Sorry if it is gone. Haven't been looking lately.
That would be my choice for a weekender. A 2003 or 2004 PH Black Weekender. Cool.

Nov 21, 2006
Maybe I should stick to the work size than. I just like that you can carry it on your shoulder . I don't want it to look too big. I plan on using it as an everyday bag not for travel