Weekend Fun... A Collection Thread

loveuga

Dr. Love
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Hello lovelies!

It's been a while since I've done a collection thread... and things have changed here and there over the past few months. I've been sick for the past few days, and I'm finally feeling more like myself today (thankfully). Anyways, I dragged out all of my bags, and I've taken some photos for you of who is in my permanent collection.

As I've said before, each of my bags is very special for one reason or another and has a story attached to it. I'll tell you the stories as I show you the bags...

Photos uploading currently... so stay tuned!

We'll start with my newest acquisition, Original WBW MAM with FDL lining and Elisha strap. This bag is absolutely breathtaking. Floors me everytime that I look at it. I can tell that it's truly an "old" or original RM bag not only because of the FDL lining... but because of the inside pockets of this MAM. Most MAMs (and MABs) for that matter have the two (or three) inner pockets that have a leather trim matching the bag. This particular bag has no trim on the pockets... unlike my other three MAMs-- all of which are also older bags but have leather trim.

Anyways, I acquired this beauty from one of the sweetest, most generous minkettes out there. She has an old school collection that is absolutely to die for in its own right... and I cannot thank her enough for deciding to re-home such a gorgeous bag! :hugs:

Picture141-1.jpg

Picture144-1.jpg

Next up, Tomato MAM. I've wanted a bag in this leather for as long as I could remember... Nikki, MAM, MAB... anything!! I purchased this bag from the Bay in late 2010. It's a gorgeous burnt red-orange, durable leather. The lining is paisley. This MAM was loved before I purchased her... but Tomato is such a HTF color that I simply could not resist getting this bag for such an amazing deal! I am not really sure if she was previously loved by a TPFer, so I guess she doesn't have as fantastic of a back story. Regardless... I love her to pieces!

Picture147-1.jpg

Picture148-1.jpg

Since I'm starting with the MAMs... next up is Glazed Espresso MAM. Another fabulous find on the Bay... trust me, stalking the auction sites can pay off very nicely, ladies! Anyways, this bag came to me with tags still attached (originally purchased from an authorized online RM retailer). So, I guess I'm the second owner of this bag but the first to use it. There are a few very minor imperfections in the leather... two tiny nicks on the front flap pocket-- but again, for such a steal that I found this bag-- I could deal with it!

I have an obsession with the glazed leathers... as they are IMO the very best leathers created by RM. I wish they would come back. They are literally indestructible. I've carried this bag and my other glazed beauties in the rain (untreated) as the glazing is just so thick that it protects the leather. One thing that some people don't like is that the glazed bags are rather heavy and can be a bit difficult to break in adequately. It has definitely taken some time... but I have managed to break my bags in. These photos are of GE MAM stuffed with paper... as she otherwise will not stand up. Secondly, she is more flat than usual after being packed flat from my recent move. This bag has FDL lining and brass hardware.

Picture145-1.jpg

Picture146-1.jpg

Last, but certainly not least, of the MAMs is Stonewash Black MAM. This beautiful bag was acquired on Bonz and previously lived in the closet of a wonderful tPFer and fellow minkette. Like a few of my other MAMs... this one also has FDL lining and brass hardware. I absolutely adore this bag. It's so soft and smooth, and as you will see... the leather is super smooshy! The stonewash bags are amazing. Over time, I know this bag will patina, and I have not treated it with anything. I do carry it quite frequently as well... which is why it's so broken in too.

Picture142-1.jpg

Picture143-1.jpg

Ok, first up for the Nikkis... Stonewash Blue Nikki. This gorgeous bag was previously loved by a wonderful tPFer and has a great story behind her. Her previous owner needed to quickly raise funds so that her puppy could have surgery... and who am I to not help an animal in need?! Obviously, I wanted to help this tPFer get her puppy the surgery he needed, so when I saw this bag on the Bay... I knew I had to make it mine! The tPFer was able to raise funds to support her puppy, and the story just warms my heart thinking about it. So... everytime I see this bag, I think of the lovely PFer and her puppy. :heart:

Stonewash Blue is an amazing leather. It's quite the chameleon. In some lights, it appears blue, while in others-- it appears a dusky grey. As it ages, this leather (like all stonewash leathers) will patina and transition to a deeper blue color I think. The lining is mosaic, super soft... and the hardware is silver.

Picture160.jpg

Picture161.jpg

And the Stonewash bags together...
Picture170.jpg

Picture171.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Next up, are my two lovely sample sale Nikkis! Noir Nikki with silver hardware and Taupe Nikki with silver hw.

Noir Nikki is made of lambskin and is hands down the most amazing black Nikki I've ever seen. It's super soft and the leather is incredibly smooshy. It has the elusive silver hardware and was first introduced a 2008 NYC Sample Sale (and possibly also was in CA, not sure). This particular bag was only sold at the sample sales and never produced in mass quantities. There are Noir Nikkis with gold signature hardware (and b/w floral lining) that were produced by RM and sold... but the Noir with silver hw was a sample sale bag. Another auction find (through Bonz)... this bag previously made her home in the closet of a wonderful tPFer and friend who I still chat with today. She's a wonderful person, with a huge heart, and love of bulldogs... and this bag, of course, makes me think of her!

Picture156.jpg

Picture155-1.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Taupe Nikki with silver hw is another sample sale bag, that I found on Bonz and was originally purchased by a lovely tPFer and fellow minkette at a 2008 LA Sample Sale. This leather is fantastic! It's very, very lightweight and similar in texture to Wine, Emerald, and Dark Grey. Not really a glazed leather persay, but can withstand weather conditions and is not as delicate as the stonewash leathers.

Funny thing about this beauty is that she and I actually lived in the Los Angeles area for a year-- where she once called home! She enjoys the sunshine and long walks on the beach... and her color reminds me of the beaches that I left in CA. She's definitely a CA kind of girl, but super versatile as I wear her year-round. Again, I was super lucky to find another sample sale bag. I love that these bags were made in such a small quantity, and their quality remains superb. Cannot say enough good things about SS Taupe. Her lining is mosaic!

Picture157-1.jpg

Picture158.jpg

And a picture of my two Nikkis with mosaic lining... Stonewash Blue and SS Taupe:
Picture162.jpg

Next up... GA Nikki. A gorgeous burnt sienna brown with orange undertones... this is a beautiful bag! It is hard to describe the bag, and photos rarely do it justice. It is a versatile neutral shade that can be worn with every color in your closet. Like GE, GA is a very durable, thick leather that is essentially waterproof thanks to the thick glazing. It comes with b/w floral lining and silver hardware. It is a smidge lighter in weight than GE is... but equally as beautiful.

This lovely bag actually lived with a lovely minkette prior to living with me, and temporarily sought shelter with another minkette in Texas before coming to live with me too. I had searched high and low for this beauty, so that I could give GE a sister... and one day, this bag popped up on an auction site. It wasn't a great time for me to make a bag purchase though... but thankfully, thanks to a wonderfully generous minkette and friend, this bag was purchased and held for me until I could provide her with a loving home! So you see... the generous hearts of two minkettes contributed to this bag living in my collection, and I always think of both ladies when I look at GA! :love: :heart:

Picture159.jpg

Picture163.jpg