Weekend Fun... A Collection Thread

I'm drooling over all those leathers; that is one helluva of a family Nikki shot! Great taste, and thanks for sharing :biggrin:!

Thank you, Cait!

My Nikki family is small but mighty! It used to be much bigger... previous members included: Wine Nikki, Emerald/Evergreen Nikki (Hautelook), Concord Nikki, Navy Nikki, and Dark Grey Nikki

Thank you, Cait!

My Nikki family is small but mighty! It used to be much bigger... previous members included: Wine Nikki, Emerald/Evergreen Nikki (Hautelook), Concord Nikki, Navy Nikki, and Dark Grey Nikki

:girlsigh: good lord, that's my biggest RM lemming at the moment! I hate to be nosey, but is there a reason you bid it adieu?

It's a lovely bag, but I just didn't wear it as much as it should be worn. It's a fantastic leather, and I adored the candy cane lining... but it just blended in too much with denim for me-- and I honestly needed money as well because I was moving across the country at the time.

I think you have the best collection on tPF!

Thank you, MolMol! You're so sweet! :hugs: I like to think I have a great collection of neutral bags... but there are plenty of other ladies who have a more diversified collection with other styles and leathers that I don't have.

you have such a beautiful collection! i think ss taupe may be my favorite - but they are all just perfect!

Thanks, lady! I will take SS Taupe out for a spin after I change out of WBW MAM. :yes: Taupe is truly a beautiful bag. If there were still Nikkis like Noir and Taupe offered at the sample sales (with the old hardware and everything to boot)... I'd be in very big trouble!

love! I wasn't breathing while reading your lovely stories and I almost fainted when I saw those true-to-life crisp photos! I wanted to reach through my screen to touch those beautiful bags! A newbie like me can only imagine what it feels to carry those old school beauties! Thank you for sharing!

love! I wasn't breathing while reading your lovely stories and I almost fainted when I saw those true-to-life crisp photos! I wanted to reach through my screen to touch those beautiful bags! A newbie like me can only imagine what it feels to carry those old school beauties! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks travelers! I knew I had posted elsewhere that many of my bags had stories behind them... all of the Nikkis and two of the MAMs, but I think the true moral of the stories-- anything is possible! Don't count yourself out to finding old school bags like mine. For example, I joined the forum in August 2008 and purchased GE Nikki in December 2008. I purchased Navy, Stonewash Blue, Concord, and Wine all pretty early in my days as a "newbie" too. I just did my research on the forum, looked at tons of pictures, and decided what bags would be the ones I really wanted to find... and the rest, truly, was sheer luck! All of my current bags were purchased via auction sites, and if you have fast fingers and a little bit of luck... good things can happen!

Thanks for shining a ray of hope for us new minkettes :hugs:I'm also amazed at the "friendships"/"connections" formed while searching the bags you love. I can feel that behind every bag was a lovely minkette that somehow, one way or another, extended a piece of herself. I've had wonderful experiences too with my sellers...

Thanks travelers! I knew I had posted elsewhere that many of my bags had stories behind them... all of the Nikkis and two of the MAMs, but I think the true moral of the stories-- anything is possible! Don't count yourself out to finding old school bags like mine. For example, I joined the forum in August 2008 and purchased GE Nikki in December 2008. I purchased Navy, Stonewash Blue, Concord, and Wine all pretty early in my days as a "newbie" too. I just did my research on the forum, looked at tons of pictures, and decided what bags would be the ones I really wanted to find... and the rest, truly, was sheer luck! All of my current bags were purchased via auction sites, and if you have fast fingers and a little bit of luck... good things can happen!

I am in lust with your Nikki collection. Mind if I invite them to dinner? You can chaperone, of course. ;)

It's funny, though. I think while we're (almost) on complete opposite sides of the color spectrum, we share a love of hardware and linings.

Thanks for shining a ray of hope for us new minkettes :hugs:I'm also amazed at the "friendships"/"connections" formed while searching the bags you love. I can feel that behind every bag was a lovely minkette that somehow, one way or another, extended a piece of herself. I've had wonderful experiences too with my sellers...

Glad I could give you a ray of hope! It is possible to find old school bags :yes:

I am in lust with your Nikki collection. Mind if I invite them to dinner? You can chaperone, of course. ;)

It's funny, though. I think while we're (almost) on complete opposite sides of the color spectrum, we share a love of hardware and linings.

Thank you, sara!

:lol:

Of course, they would love to come over for dinner with me as their chaperone :roflmfao:

Ah not to worry... a few friends have tried introducing me to brightly colored bags, but I just don't use them! I love looking at them and admiring the mod shots of others... but yet I can't get myself to wear them.

Just as I find myself shying away from Matte's and most browns (OMG, love GA though). I didn't even like Glazed Burgandy. *ducks*

Can I ask? Is Stonewash Blue a matte like Navy?

:roflmfao: Well it's ok... I don't own burgundy, even though glazed espresso is close in color.

All of the stonewash leathers are matte like Navy. :yes: