Wedding Talk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I had the WORST skin as a teenager but it cleared up when I went on BC and I went off it before I knew I was getting married so my skin and I are not BFFs right now :biggrin:

And my MIL found a dress! She was looking through her closet for her bathing suit and found a beautiful dress that still had the tags on it that she doesn't ever remember buying! Thank goodness, she was totally serious about wearing one of those grandma housedresses!

I still have the worst skin ever. Ughh, I don't think it'll ever go away. My Mom had acne problems til her early 30's!! It's my destiny to have crappy skin. :crybaby:

I'm glad MIL found a dress. I think the wedding Gods knew how you were dreading her Momoo and blessed her closet with a dress!! Haha, I'm happy this problem got resolved!! ;)

Ladies, I just had one of the most craziest wedding planning days ever. I'm my Mom's MOH (she's getting married don 09.09.09) and we went with her other BM (her BFF) and her soon to be bride to go look at bridesmaid (and MOH) dress shopping and looking for shoes... And OMG, it was like walking on eggshells. I don't want to say much, but I'm totally dreading my Mom's wedding right now. My Mom is very gentle and relaxed and laid back, but her fiancee is so passive aggressive and it really bothers me. So picky and rude, very bridezilla. UGHH, please ladies, if I ever start to get like that, PLEASE PUT ME IN CHECK!! I do not want to break any friendships or hurt anyone's feelings over a one day celebration.

can i join????

i got engaged last july and we have set our wedding date for 4/4/2010

i feel fairly organised so far
- reception venue booked
- bridal party picked (mine)
- flowers decided
- transport decided
- photographer / beautican booked
- hairdresser decided

can i join????

- reception venue booked
- flowers decided
- transport decided
- hairdresser decided

Welcome in Sass!! Congrats on your engagement!! You've done quiet a bunch already!! How many in your bridal party are you going to have?? Is your DF going to have the same number of men as your woman?? Do you have pictures of your ring, dress, and flowers?!?! We looove details here!! :P

If I remembered correctly, you reception is near where you guys live right?? Not a destination wedding because of some grandparents coming?? Did you guys ever think of having a larger guest list?? What were your reasons for the number of guests you guys are inviting?? For DF and I we wanted an easy relax intimate wedding, surround by our CLOSEST most loved people in the world, at a place that meant a lot to us. And because Hawaii means a lot to us, and is so far, and very expensive.. Not everyone can go so it made it easier to have a shorter much smaller guest list than if we were to get married back at home.

Actually we originally planned on an even smaller wedding (like 20-30)! We've always said we'd keep it small and low key but go all out for an amazing honeymoon. I really don't want to pay to feed tons of people I don't know well either (like extended family) so keeping it to close friends and family made the most sense. After actually sitting down and compliling the guest list though, there were more people we really wanted to be there, so we expanded it a bit! We are def. not going over 60 though. It's made things challenging because i like big, dramatic, elegant settings and most of the venues like that have guest minimums of 100 or 150+ so it made it hard to find a place I was happy with. I'm still not 100% sure on the venue, but I at least have a few in mind:smile:

I've had more fun so far planning the honeymoon than the wedding so far! We are taking about 3 weeks to travel to Paris, Dubai, the Maldives (we're going to stay at a resort that is it's own island, in a overwater bungalow!!!) and Ireland (staying at Ashford Castle!!) I'm so excited! :yahoo:

can i join????

- reception venue booked
- flowers decided
- transport decided
- hairdresser decided

Hi Sass:smile: Sounds like you have a lot figured out already!! Are you doing and indoor or outdoor wedding? Do you have your colors figured out?

Thanks! I had the WORST skin as a teenager but it cleared up when I went on BC and I went off it before I knew I was getting married so my skin and I are not BFFs right now :biggrin:

And my MIL found a dress! She was looking through her closet for her bathing suit and found a beautiful dress that still had the tags on it that she doesn't ever remember buying! Thank goodness, she was totally serious about wearing one of those grandma housedresses!

THANK GOD she found a dress!!! :wlae: In her own closet even! That made me laugh cause I've done that too, every now and then I'll find stuff buried, still in the shopping bag lol!

Great idea!! I've seen them and I think they are super cute!! I also like the custom Hershey's Kisses!! Soooo cute!! I don't think we really want to do any favors really because unless it's chocolate most people just trash them. However, we like the idea of a CD favor, with some of our favorite songs, and of course our first dance song etc on it. It'll be nice full of Hawaiian music, so when people play it in their car they will think back on their vacation and our wedding. Thoughts?? :confused1:

That's a cute idea, I like it!! You could have your monogram and the date printed on the CD's!

^that sounds beautiful!! I love autumn, fall leaves, etc. but I'm having a hard time choosing my colors because I really don't want to use the traditional fall shades (orange, red, brown) I want light pink really, but it's so springy! Maybe I could do pink & chocolate or something, IDK.

i really like pink and chocolate. i think a nice soft pink will be very classy :smile:

Hi Ladies! My name is Ana Liza and my Fiance is Joey. Our wedding is 10/24/09 in Las Vegas. We met through a mutual friend nearly 4 years ago. We actually in the same 5th grade class in Catholic School together but I didn't remember him and we also went to high school together but never really talked then! LOL! We were total oppposites...nerdy girl and skater boy! :P

Maybe going to look at dresses this weekend! Sooo excited! :yahoo:I'm not sure what to where for an October wedding though...It is Texas, so I'm sure it will still be warm. I'm thinking a shorter dress.

Hi Ladies! My name is Ana Liza and my Fiance is Joey. Our wedding is 10/24/09 in Las Vegas. We met through a mutual friend nearly 4 years ago. We actually in the same 5th grade class in Catholic School together but I didn't remember him and we also went to high school together but never really talked then! LOL! We were total oppposites...nerdy girl and skater boy! :P

Hey!:smile: Very cute story of how you met:heart: Do you have your location in Vegas picked?

Status
Not open for further replies.