Wedding Talk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I totally bought some custom M&Ms - blue and cream, half will say Denise & Dave and half will say March 15 2009. And since I'm already having so much to do with the traveling and such I decided to just have them package them as favors instead of buying them in bulk, buying containers elsewhere, and dealing with it myself. I had 'em shipped to my grandma 'cause she's home a lot and it's not really the kind of thing I want to schlep across the country so I will not have to do a thing except open the FedEx box :biggrin:

It's so weird, for so long I dreaded getting married (crazy family) but now I am really, really psyched.

I will be even more psyched if my MIL actually finds something real to wear and stops telling me she's wearing one of those grandma housedresses!
Great idea!! I've seen them and I think they are super cute!! I also like the custom Hershey's Kisses!! Soooo cute!! I don't think we really want to do any favors really because unless it's chocolate most people just trash them. However, we like the idea of a CD favor, with some of our favorite songs, and of course our first dance song etc on it. It'll be nice full of Hawaiian music, so when people play it in their car they will think back on their vacation and our wedding. Thoughts?? :confused1:

Hey girls, I'm just curious.. How many guests are you guys expecting?? And how are you breaking that down at the reception?? How tables will you guys be having and how many people at each table?? We're hoping for no more than 40 guests at our destination wedding. And we're thinking of a laid back BBQ party at our place when we come back from our honeymoon. So that way the people who were unable to make it to Hawaii with us, can still celebrate and see photos of our big day (and the video!!).

I've been hearing that it's helpful to have a wedding planning when it's a destination wedding, but I'm not really suuure. I mean my wedding is pretty low key. And I can have my Mom help me the day of the wedding. At the last tPF meet one of the gals there said a day of coordinator was helpful and could be found for $300.. Hmm, too good to be true?? I really wish I could find someone to do my wedding for that cheap!!

Anyone here got their photographer already?? We've pretty much picked ours and he's fabulous!!! (Let's hope he doesn't up his prices that much when our wedding rolls around!!) You can see his work at www.renaiphoto.com His name is Eddy Fong and he's so talented, and very nice. He's emailed me all these great vendors that he recommends. He's really fabulous, I'd recommend him to anyone getting married in Hawaii!! He's coming up to the Bay Area at the end of summer and he said he'd do a little photo session for us. I will definately post up photos for you guys when we take em!! :tup:

I would totally hire a day of planner if I could find one for $300! Maybe I could just hire someone I work with to do it, lol. Def. look into, I didn't really search for one, just got pricing from the ones at the expo I went to (maybe they were high?)

That photographer is awesome! Since you already know the date, maybe you could reserve him now with a deposit at his current rates? Everyone I've talked to so far was booking for my 2010 date already.

I haven't found my wedding photog yet, but we do have someone picked to take our engagement pics in Florida over the summer. http://www.john-michaels.com/photo_album.html My fiance has taken me to Florida for my birthday every year since we met so it's special to us, plus I really wanted engagement photos on the beach! I wouldve loved a beach wedding too but we have grandparents that we want to be there that cant really travel, so were doing it here in Michigan! What I didn't realize when i booked our Florida beach session is that all the wedding pkgs around here include an engagement session, so it looks like I'll have a lot of pics!

Anyone notice how on wedding photographers websites they'll have their 'pricing' section titled 'Investment' ... as if to make the high prices sound more logical or something, lol.

Hey girls, I'm just curious.. How many guests are you guys expecting?? And how are you breaking that down at the reception?? How tables will you guys be having and how many people at each table?? We're hoping for no more than 40 guests at our destination wedding. And we're thinking of a laid back BBQ party at our place when we come back from our honeymoon. So that way the people who were unable to make it to Hawaii with us, can still celebrate and see photos of our big day (and the video!!).

We are having 60 guests, the places were looking at for the reception do 6-8 people per table, so we'll probably do 10 tables of 6 so that no one is cramped!

Glad you guys think pink and chocolate would work! Ive been looking online for some examples to help me envision it but I can't find any! I'm not sure about adding a third color, like if I did cream, it would be like neapolitan ice cream LOL.

I have a GIANT PIMPLE. And we are one week away. NOOOOOOOOOOO! I haven't had any caffeine or fake sugar in almost a month, I have been faithfully using the Clinique 3-step and taking care of my skin and it won't leave!

But my grandma did make me a nail appointment - I was a nail biter most of my life and my nails are paper-thin and bendy and gross so I'm getting fake nails... I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I have no idea what I am supposed to ask for/get. What should I be doing with my nails?

I have a GIANT PIMPLE. And we are one week away. NOOOOOOOOOOO! I haven't had any caffeine or fake sugar in almost a month, I have been faithfully using the Clinique 3-step and taking care of my skin and it won't leave!

But my grandma did make me a nail appointment - I was a nail biter most of my life and my nails are paper-thin and bendy and gross so I'm getting fake nails... I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I have no idea what I am supposed to ask for/get. What should I be doing with my nails?

Oh no!!! What a horrible time for a pimple :cursing: That sucks! Don't touch it!!!! It still has time to go away! If it's still there a day or two before you could try to get into a derm. for a cortisone injection, I haven't done it but it heard it would cost about $50.. last resort of course!

For your nails, I would recommend a full set of gel acrylic, the gel is thinner and more natural looking than regular acrylic IMO. I think french manicures look perfect for weddings (the white tips will match your dress). If you're doing a color I'd do something light, OPI makes a light pink called "catch the garter" that is popular for brides. Make sure to tell the nail tech that you are getting them done for your wedding so they do a really good job!

Thanks! I had the WORST skin as a teenager but it cleared up when I went on BC and I went off it before I knew I was getting married so my skin and I are not BFFs right now :biggrin:

And my MIL found a dress! She was looking through her closet for her bathing suit and found a beautiful dress that still had the tags on it that she doesn't ever remember buying! Thank goodness, she was totally serious about wearing one of those grandma housedresses!

I would totally hire a day of planner if I could find one for $300! Maybe I could just hire someone I work with to do it, lol. Def. look into, I didn't really search for one, just got pricing from the ones at the expo I went to (maybe they were high?)

That photographer is awesome! Since you already know the date, maybe you could reserve him now with a deposit at his current rates? Everyone I've talked to so far was booking for my 2010 date already.

I haven't found my wedding photog yet, but we do have someone picked to take our engagement pics in Florida over the summer. http://www.john-michaels.com/photo_album.html My fiance has taken me to Florida for my birthday every year since we met so it's special to us, plus I really wanted engagement photos on the beach! I wouldve loved a beach wedding too but we have grandparents that we want to be there that cant really travel, so were doing it here in Michigan! What I didn't realize when i booked our Florida beach session is that all the wedding pkgs around here include an engagement session, so it looks like I'll have a lot of pics!

Anyone notice how on wedding photographers websites they'll have their 'pricing' section titled 'Investment' ... as if to make the high prices sound more logical or something, lol.

We know our date, but we still want to kinda keep out options open. Ya never know, in the next 2 years maybe we'll stumble upon someone else?? (I highly doubt, Eddy is a great photographer and a great person over all!!) In addition, God forbid anything were to happen and we had to change location or dates of the wedding. The deposit if 50% so that's a lot of money to lose KWIM??

I think your engagement pictures are going to be beautiful!! :tup: Do you know when they will be done?? And I love how Florida is where you are taking them, because of that sentimental meaning!! That's priceless!! We've chosen a lot of things for our wedding that are sentimental to us. The place, the date, my dress, the location, etc. All things that mean a lot to us, not things we've chosen because it's convenient. (Different strokes for different folks though!!)

And I noticed that a lot of photographers will not show a price chart, instead they ask you to contact them so they can email it to you directly!! Such a hassle IMHO. :tdown:

We are having 60 guests, the places were looking at for the reception do 6-8 people per table, so we'll probably do 10 tables of 6 so that no one is cramped!

If I remembered correctly, you reception is near where you guys live right?? Not a destination wedding because of some grandparents coming?? Did you guys ever think of having a larger guest list?? What were your reasons for the number of guests you guys are inviting?? For DF and I we wanted an easy relax intimate wedding, surround by our CLOSEST most loved people in the world, at a place that meant a lot to us. And because Hawaii means a lot to us, and is so far, and very expensive.. Not everyone can go so it made it easier to have a shorter much smaller guest list than if we were to get married back at home.

WTF?? :rant: Stupid pimple, GO AWAY!!!!!

I think a nice french tip would look lovely!! Are you going with your Grandma for some bonding time?? :nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.