Wedding set for everyday wear?

lesboitesorange

[H]andcrafted
Jul 23, 2013
Hi everyone,
I need help finding a wedding set for everyday wear. I'm a mom to two children under 5, and I find that my wedding set is not very practical for everyday wear. I have a six prong solitaire engagement ring with a simple band, and the stone catches on clothing, bedding, and even scratches my little one sometimes. I've stopped wearing almost entirely. I would love a bit of sparkle on my hand, but it's been a nuisance wearing my wedding set. Would a small, delicate stone stacked on bands fix this issue and be wearable everyday? My current ring is 1.5c, so I was thinking of getting a much smaller stone to stack(0.5c or less). An example would be an Etincelle de Cartier band stacked. I've also thought about the Trinity ring, but I would like a bit of sparkle, and I don't really like the look of the Trinity with diamonds. Does anyone have examples of stacked Tiffany rings? (preferably in platinum).

I always thought that if prong snagged/caught on things, the prong needs to be fixed. Maybe have a good jeweler take a look first. The fix could be as easy as tightening them up. You could have this issue with any prong set stone.

Reactions: Minty Tea
I have prong and cathedal diamond rings and I find that the prong setting snags more on sweaters even though the stone is smaller. I agree with BPC, go get your ring looked at. When my kids were very young, I often took off my e-ring while at home. It wasn't a big deal as I still wore the wedding band. In fact, I also switched out of my diamond studs for small hoop earrings.

As they say in parenthood, it does get better as they get older.