Wedding set for everyday wear?

lesboitesorange

[H]andcrafted
Jul 23, 2013
Globetrotting.
Hi everyone,
I need help finding a wedding set for everyday wear. I'm a mom to two children under 5, and I find that my wedding set is not very practical for everyday wear. I have a six prong solitaire engagement ring with a simple band, and the stone catches on clothing, bedding, and even scratches my little one sometimes. I've stopped wearing almost entirely. I would love a bit of sparkle on my hand, but it's been a nuisance wearing my wedding set. Would a small, delicate stone stacked on bands fix this issue and be wearable everyday? My current ring is 1.5c, so I was thinking of getting a much smaller stone to stack(0.5c or less). An example would be an Etincelle de Cartier band stacked. I've also thought about the Trinity ring, but I would like a bit of sparkle, and I don't really like the look of the Trinity with diamonds. Does anyone have examples of stacked Tiffany rings? (preferably in platinum).

lesboitesorange

[H]andcrafted
Jul 23, 2013
Globetrotting.
I should note that my engagement ring is in a cathedral setting. I've read that cathedral settings may catch on clothing, maybe that's why? Do other settings not snag as much?

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
Mar 31, 2012
I always thought that if prong snagged/caught on things, the prong needs to be fixed. Maybe have a good jeweler take a look first. The fix could be as easy as tightening them up. You could have this issue with any prong set stone.

Reactions: Minty Tea

Minty Tea

Jun 14, 2015
I have prong and cathedal diamond rings and I find that the prong setting snags more on sweaters even though the stone is smaller. I agree with BPC, go get your ring looked at. When my kids were very young, I often took off my e-ring while at home. It wasn't a big deal as I still wore the wedding band. In fact, I also switched out of my diamond studs for small hoop earrings.

As they say in parenthood, it does get better as they get older.