Wedding ring dilemma

Jan 22, 2008
Hello all,

So I specifically told DF I did not want an engagement ring because I'm not into the usual diamond solitaire thing and I don't want what everyone else has. He bought me some beautiful diamond earrings that I love.

We are getting married in a couple of weeks and after teetering back and forth about it, I have decided I want to get a wedding band or ring. It doesn't have to be anything traditional (in fact I think I'd prefer if it wasn't), but I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get a non-traditional e-ring style or a non-traditional band. I also have always loved eternity bands so I am throwing one of those into the mix for good measure.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jane-taylor-twinkle-topaz-pave-diamond-ring/3137469?origin=category

http://www.amazon.com/1-66-Green-Amethyst-Solitaire-White/dp/B003U7XPQ6

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP01931

http://www.davidyurman.com/shoponline/product.aspx?itemid=Y6969&folderid=/women/rings

Picture7.png

Here's a pic!

yes the metro band (or something in this style) is the best bet for wedding band. I also love the green amethyst ring, I have a pendant in the exact cut, and since I received it for my birthday last Feb I have been wearing it non stop, I'm in love with amethyst. So my suggestion is green amethyst for "e ring" type of ring for formal days + a nice eternity/ half eternity type ring for wedding band.

I love bling but our wedding bands are simple WG bands with a tiny diamond each, it allows me to dress down without ever removing it.

If it's being worn alone, I like the David yurman one. It could probably hold it's own better. But if you plan to stack in the future, metro. I feel the metro might be too thin on it's own.

Are you open to suggestions? There might be a lot of eternity band options out there that might be thicker and be able to be worn alone better

yes the metro band (or something in this style) is the best bet for wedding band. I also love the green amethyst ring, I have a pendant in the exact cut, and since I received it for my birthday last Feb I have been wearing it non stop, I'm in love with amethyst. So my suggestion is green amethyst for "e ring" type of ring for formal days + a nice eternity/ half eternity type ring for wedding band.

I love bling but our wedding bands are simple WG bands with a tiny diamond each, it allows me to dress down without ever removing it.

Thanks!

I should clarify I want one or the other. I don't like wearing two rings at once, so if I get an e-ring style it will serve as a wedding ring/engagement ring, and vice versa for the band. We are both very non traditional so I don't want to go with anything too "normal" but I do want it to still look appropriate as I am in a conservative field.

I will probably also not wear whatever I get everyday, but more of a sometimes piece, as I have trouble with my fingers swelling and that's why I didn't get an ering to begin with because I didn't think I'd wear it a lot. I decided recently it's important to me to have a ring of some sort anyway even if it doesn't get worn much.

an eternity band for sure, you want something that will last for many years and imo silver isn't a good option it tarnishes too fast and if it oxidizes it will make the diamonds underneath look dirty and it's just a hassle for a forever type piece of jewellery.

an eternity band for sure, you want something that will last for many years and imo silver isn't a good option it tarnishes too fast and if it oxidizes it will make the diamonds underneath look dirty and it's just a hassle for a forever type piece of jewellery.

That's a good point. I was thinking that as well, but I'm not sure if this will be forever jewelry. My tastes change all the time so I probably will end up getting many different wedding rings over the years.

If it's being worn alone, I like the David yurman one. It could probably hold it's own better. But if you plan to stack in the future, metro. I feel the metro might be too thin on it's own.

Are you open to suggestions? There might be a lot of eternity band options out there that might be thicker and be able to be worn alone better

I am open to other suggestions as long as they are non-traditional and they can be ordered and sized in the next 10 days! I have narrowed it down to these because they are pretty readily available but I'm in a time crunch. I only included the one metro ring because that is kind of my backup plan but it's a little more traditional than I am wanting to go.

I am open to other suggestions as long as they are non-traditional and they can be ordered and sized in the next 10 days! I have narrowed it down to these because they are pretty readily available but I'm in a time crunch. I only included the one metro ring because that is kind of my backup plan but it's a little more traditional than I am wanting to go.

Check out bluenile for maybe colored gemstone eternity bands? For the price range you are looking at it seems like you have a lot f options available. If you liked the mixed black diamond look and I'm not sure where you can find one online though.

Have you tried local shops to see? Might help your time constraints better.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/ring-details/?product_id=5397

they have wonderful top quality stones and craftsmanship and some interesting designs

Metro or Yurman. Or a Cartier Rolling ring if possible.

Ditto this. I was thinking a rolling ring would be perfect for you based on what you've said so far.

The metro is REALLY thin and delicate and might disappear on your hand all on it's own. I'd go try one on. The DY ring is really spectacular, but it will tarnish.