Wedding guest outfit help

Jul 12, 2009
Howdy,

I was hoping I could get some opinions on what to wear to a friend's wedding this weekend. It's an afternoon wedding/evening reception in England, so it might be on the chilly or rainy side, but I think the reception will be indoors anyway. They're very different dresses, and my husband is no help with the decision. Any opinions on which seems more appropriate/looks better would be welcome! Here are my current two options:

Attachments

• rpdress.jpg
    rpdress.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 310
  • bwdress.jpg
    bwdress.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 312
You look good in both of them, but I prefer the first dress (the pink/purple maxi). The maxi dress has an instant "wow", the second one is very pretty but looks a little boring to me at first sight. By looking longer I can see the perfect fit and details, and I understand why you're in doubt, but I'd choose the first!

Thank you for the input so far, folks!
The 2nd dress is definitely more my usual style, as 50s silhouettes just work better for my body shape, but I fell in love with the different colors of chiffon on the maxi :love: It's a little Game of Thrones-y, but that's what I like about it, if you know what I mean.

So, I think I have the 2nd dress covered as far as accessorizing goes, but how would you style the maxi, especially shoes? It's hard to see in the pic, but it has some bead work and gold chain stitched around the waist and on one side of the neckline, for reference.

What about dress 2 for the wedding and the maxi for the reception? Is that possibe?

I don't think I will be able to, unfortunately, but I like how you think ;) . Agh, DECISIONS!

By the way, details please on the second dress!! Who is the designer? :smile:

The dress is made by a local company, here in Brighton, England (with boutiques in a couple other towns here in the south), called Pretty Eccentric, and its their own brand. They have some absolutely gorgeous dresses, especially if you like vintage style. This dress is called 'Gabriel' but the silk fan design fabric I got is not shown on their website: http://www.prettyeccentric.co.uk/#/...in-chocolate-rose-by-pretty-eccentric/7110936

I love the second one on you -- is the first one a bit too dressy for an afternoon wedding? Not sure, but it's pretty too… just as you said, the second one looks so perfect on you.

But go with the first if you need to be more formal and first for something that looks perfect.

So, I think I have the 2nd dress covered as far as accessorizing goes, but how would you style the maxi, especially shoes? It's hard to see in the pic, but it has some bead work and gold chain stitched around the waist and on one side of the neckline, for reference.

The dress is made by a local company, here in Brighton, England (with boutiques in a couple other towns here in the south), called Pretty Eccentric, and its their own brand. They have some absolutely gorgeous dresses, especially if you like vintage style. This dress is called 'Gabriel' but the silk fan design fabric I got is not shown on their website: http://www.prettyeccentric.co.uk/#/...in-chocolate-rose-by-pretty-eccentric/7110936

Re: accessorizing the maxi dress -- it's hard to tell from the photo, but is there a bit of jeweled embellishment down one side of the neckline? What color is the metal or crystal? I would say to avoid a necklace and do a stack of bangle bracelets and dangly earrings. That would be very Greek goddess, like the dress! :P

Thanks for the info about Pretty Eccentric. I checked out their website -- they do ship internationally! And they have really beautiful things there. Kind of like Stop Staring but not quite as literal/costumey with the period designs. :P