Wedding gift etiquette question

1. After going to so many weddings in my life I never thought I'd have a question!

I'm going to a friend's wedding reception in a few weeks. The ceremony was a very intimate one, with just family only. They're having an open house to celebrate with all the rest of their friends.

Honestly, I've never been invited just to a reception - I've always gone to the ceremony and reception both. I will be bringing a gift of course b/c this is a dear friend of mine, but then it dawned on me...if you're invited to just the reception you ARE supposed to still bring a gift, correct? I assume yes, but etiquette experts, what's the official word? :flowers:

2. i've been to lots of these b/c in the religion i grew up in it's common that most people don't actually attend the wedding. we always brought a gift. :yes:

3. oui oui, you're still supposed to bring a gift.

4. Yup, I agree with the others--I would bring a gift as well:smile:

5. You don't really HAVE to do anything, but if she's a good friend, I'd say bring a gift.

6. I Would Bring A Gift

7. ditto all the above =). def bring a gift.

8. I would bring a gift.

9. yes a gift is in order.

10. Oh yes, definitely a gift

11. Definitely a gift... I think it is more common now for people not to be invited to a ceremony, being eloping/destination weddings with larger receptions in their home cities or small, intimate ceremonies with larger receptions afterward.

12. Yes, bring a gift.

13. yes, bring a gift.

14. Thanks for validating my assumptions, everyone! She's got a rockin' registry and I'm so excited to pick something out! Hope nobody thought I was being cheap with this question, LOL.

15. Not at all! Some people never heard of getting invited to the reception but not the ceremony and vice-versa so these questions are bound to pop up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice