Wedding dress decision help needed please!

poppyseed

Sep 10, 2008
Hi ladies,
I am normally on the other forums(Miu Miu,LV and Glass Slipper), so this is going to be my first post here.
I would like to ask your help.I am getting married in summer 2010, which is a long way off, I know.However after my engagement at Christmas I have gone to several wedding shops and tried probably about 15 dresses on in total. I think I know what style I want to aim for to suit my shape. I have found a dress that was one of my 2 absolute favourites for 1/3 of the retail price.It has been used, but not altered anywhere,which is great as it would fit me like a glove.I would also add that I would appreciate the saving..:graucho:
Now my problem is should I go for a great deal, hide it in a closet and hope that I will still like this dress in years time or should I just leave it and look for dress nearer to the wedding date?
Please help!

I'm not married so I haven't gone through this, but unless you feel like this is absolutely without a doubt the dress for you, then I'd wait. You have so much time to look until summer '10 and you might come across one you like better in that time and wish that you had waited. A dress for 1/3 the retail price is pretty fab though!

Go with your gut with how you feel about this dress - would you still love it if it didn't have such a great saving?
You have plenty of time to find another if you decide against this one!
Congratulations on the engagement btw :flowers:

Thanks guys!
The thing is when I put the dress on in the shop I was like "OMG this is perfect!" and then I started looking for used one,cause it was the most expensive dress I tried on and I didn't plan on spending that much...
This dress is pretty popular and sought after here in the UK (I think it's been voted dress of the year) and therefore there is a good chance I would be able to sell the dress easy if I decided I didn't want it , more trouble I will not need before wedding though...

Thanks guys!
The thing is when I put the dress on in the shop I was like "OMG this is perfect!" and then I started looking for used one,cause it was the most expensive dress I tried on and I didn't plan on spending that much...
This dress is pretty popular and sought after here in the UK (I think it's been voted dress of the year) and therefore there is a good chance I would be able to sell the dress easy if I decided I didn't want it , more trouble I will not need before wedding though...

In that case, buy it!!!!!:yahoo:

i would get it. it sounds to me like you know that this dress is "the one" :yes: ...& you mentioned that the dress is popular & will likely be easy to sell. if you get it & decide within a reasonable amount of time before the wedding that you do want something else, couldn't you sell it & get something different?