Wedding band reveal + story

Jun 5, 2012
Thought I'd share the story of my wedding band as I'm super excited to have finally found the one! Although hubby and I aren't officially married, we've been together for 12 years and just lack that piece of paper. We will be getting married in 4 months, and ring shopping was at the top of the list since we had yet to decide what to get.

We both loved this platinum Love wedding band for hubby, and I also liked the matching rose gold 8 diamond but wasn't 100% sure, so we took a trip to London to check them out, with the intention of placing a special order for a platinum 8 diamond version instead of rose gold.
OJ8AdIZ.jpg

We headed to the Cartier boutique in Harrods. It wasn't too busy, with a few idle SAs but no one bothered to acknowledge us. After about 10 minutes, we finally managed to get an SA's attention but she didn't seem interested and midway through the conversation, played with her phone as hubby & I talked about our choices :whut: We're always very casually dressed in jeans/trainers/etc but this has never affected the service we've received at other Cartier boutiques. The fact we're often mistaken for students probably didn't help :lol: but still, the poor service did put us off and as a result we've ordered hubby's ring from another boutique. Anyway, while hubby's ring looked great on him, I wasn't keen on the rose gold in real life - it was much wider than I thought (I have small hands). I then tried the narrower version (below) which was still too wide, the diamonds didn't sparkle much in the setting and even though hubby liked it, I still had doubts. So we left Cartier, but I did manage to get a couple of replacement cords for my cord bracelets :tup:
0e994654cd.jpg

Next stop was Harry Winston, which we expected to be even worse than Cartier, but were pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't the case. The lovely SA immediately greeted us and spent a long time helping me with choosing the correct size (only just realised that my current 4.5 ring is too big and I'm actually a 4.25). I've never believed the cliche of when you see your ring, you "just know", but as soon as I tried on the small micropave wedding band, both hubby and I just knew that we had found the one. It's exactly what I've been looking for - dainty, comfortable, platinum. I don't like wearing multiple rings, so I wanted something with a bit of sparkle and this was just perfection :heart: And because you don't see much metal, it will go nicely with all of my jewellery.
Xi4g587.png

The diamonds are amazingly sparkly, the setting is beautiful and I really couldn't be happier with our choice - it's platinum like hubby's Love ring, which will match my Love bracelet... Everything worked out in the end! I can't wear it for a few months, so I took a few photos and it's now back in the box ready for the big day :love:

My terrible photos simply do not do this beauty justice but here it is! :love:
JhgVpbN.jpg

B2dNgYg.png

Thought I'd share the story of my wedding band as I'm super excited to have finally found the one! Although hubby and I aren't officially married, we've been together for 12 years and just lack that piece of paper. We will be getting married in 4 months, and ring shopping was at the top of the list since we had yet to decide what to get.

We both loved this platinum Love wedding band for hubby, and I also liked the matching rose gold 8 diamond but wasn't 100% sure, so we took a trip to London to check them out, with the intention of placing a special order for a platinum 8 diamond version instead of rose gold.
OJ8AdIZ.jpg

We headed to the Cartier boutique in Harrods. It wasn't too busy, with a few idle SAs but no one bothered to acknowledge us. After about 10 minutes, we finally managed to get an SA's attention but she didn't seem interested and midway through the conversation, played with her phone as hubby & I talked about our choices :whut: We're always very casually dressed in jeans/trainers/etc but this has never affected the service we've received at other Cartier boutiques. The fact we're often mistaken for students probably didn't help :lol: but still, the poor service did put us off and as a result we've ordered hubby's ring from another boutique. Anyway, while hubby's ring looked great on him, I wasn't keen on the rose gold in real life - it was much wider than I thought (I have small hands). I then tried the narrower version (below) which was still too wide, the diamonds didn't sparkle much in the setting and even though hubby liked it, I still had doubts. So we left Cartier, but I did manage to get a couple of replacement cords for my cord bracelets :tup:
0e994654cd.jpg

Next stop was Harry Winston, which we expected to be even worse than Cartier, but were pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't the case. The lovely SA immediately greeted us and spent a long time helping me with choosing the correct size (only just realised that my current 4.5 ring is too big and I'm actually a 4.25). I've never believed the cliche of when you see your ring, you "just know", but as soon as I tried on the small micropave wedding band, both hubby and I just knew that we had found the one. It's exactly what I've been looking for - dainty, comfortable, platinum. I don't like wearing multiple rings, so I wanted something with a bit of sparkle and this was just perfection :heart: And because you don't see much metal, it will go nicely with all of my jewellery.
Xi4g587.png

The diamonds are amazingly sparkly, the setting is beautiful and I really couldn't be happier with our choice - it's platinum like hubby's Love ring, which will match my Love bracelet... Everything worked out in the end! I can't wear it for a few months, so I took a few photos and it's now back in the box ready for the big day :love:

JhgVpbN.jpg

B2dNgYg.png

Very beautiful!

Reactions: Storm Spirit

OJ8AdIZ.jpg

0e994654cd.jpg

Xi4g587.png

JhgVpbN.jpg

B2dNgYg.png