Wedding Band: Plain, 3, 5, 7 stones, or eternity band?

Wedding Band: Which one do you like the best??

• Plain with NO Diamond

• 3 Stones

• 5 Stones

• 7 Stones

• Eternity Band Style

Results are only viewable after voting.

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
What do you think is the nicest??? Why?? Plain with no diamond, 3 stones, 5, or 7 stones....or the eternity band style? Also, Do you wear your wedding band by itself too? or do you wear it with your engagement ring?

We bought 2 for me since I couldn't decide if I wanted the plain platinum or the eternity band. To be honest, I only wear the eternity band and I always wear it with my e-ring. Mine is a simple design though - I have the Tiffany 6-prong setting and bought the channel set eternity band for it.

I voted eternity band because my first choice wasn't an option ... I think the etoile-esque scattered bands are the best compromise between blingy, symbolic, and convenient. I wear mine 24/7 on my right hand, and alternate my e-ring and a channel-set eternity as the mood strikes me ....

Hello,

I think it is nice to start off with a plain band and then get a eternity ring maybe on your 1st anniversary, that you end up with both and can mix it up - which is what I do...you then have about 3 options of how to wear your rings (maybe more depending how you would wear them!!!)

xxx

I have the channel set eternity band. A friend of mine told me the nice thing about buying an eternity band is that when your band spins around on your finger, you'll always have the diamonds to look at. Flip side though, eternity bands for the most part aren't resizable and now that I've gained weight, I can't wear it until I lose that weight or have it redone. Pooh!

I voted eternity band because my first choice wasn't an option ... I think the etoile-esque scattered bands are the best compromise between blingy, symbolic, and convenient. I wear mine 24/7 on my right hand, and alternate my e-ring and a channel-set eternity as the mood strikes me ....

I agree! My 1st choice would be the same. I've just picked my wedding ring & it's a plain platinum band with a few small diamonds scattered across. I love the diamond eternity rings & i have ones that i stack but for my band i wanted it quite plain. I'm from the UK & every one has plain bands so no one would realise i'm married if i wore a diamond eternity!

I actually have an 11 stone one. They are 10 points a piece, making it 1.1 carats. DH gave it to me for our 11th anniversary. I was born on 11/11 -- and eleven is my lucky number! So, the ring is quite special to me.

From the top, it looks like the diamonds go all the way around -- they do go more than 1/2 way around. It's a shared prong one from Whiteflash and sparkles like crazy! Their stones are so super well cut.

It's WG and my engagement ring is YG so I do not wear them together, but separately and I love that! Since the stones are 10 pointers, it's substantial enough to wear on its own. I wear my eleven stone anniversary band all the time -- like I am right now as a matter of fact!

I think the plain band is nicest. Its what it represents too an eternal circle. Personally i don't think the wedding band should be too fancy, but thats just my opinion. I also like the plain band as you don't need to worry about it getting dirty and having to take it off for certain chores. I've never taken my wedding band off since the day my DH placed it on my finger, i'm soppy like that. I couldn't do that with a ring with stones in.

IDK. I think it depends on the engagement ring and one's personal style. I have two...my original simple platinum wedding band and then my TDF, gorgeous eternity ring.

I LOVE the look of eternity bands but I am way too rough on my rings to have the diamonds go all the way around! I work with my hands and choose to get a half eternity. Plus, if I gain or lose weight I won't have to worry about not being able to resize!

I have been married for 32 years and have collected various bands through the years. I love them all and wear them differently. My dia eternity band is very thin, plat, bu fits perfectly with my er. I also have a 3 stone emerald cut ring in yg that I wear with yg jewelry and I wear it a lot, alone. I also have a baguette band, 1/2 way around that I wear alone with the white metal jewelry. My dream band is a full circle, wide, eternity band in large baguettes standing north-south, in plat! :yes: