Wedding Band Help

Missy1726

Aug 20, 2011
I'm unsure of what type of wedding band to get. :sad:

I'm thinking .75 or 1ct half eternity band (round diamonds), my finger is 9.75 so it's quite large

Attachments

• IMG_4050.PNG
    IMG_4050.PNG
    985.4 KB · Views: 425
Reactions: Glttglam
I have the exact same problem. You might consider getting it custom made so the band curves along the bottom of the ring. However after a few of consideration I decided not to get a band because I think it takes sways from the actual beauty of the ring. Also if I wear it together with a band, the ring no longer looks symmetrical. But that's just my personal preference. Let me know what you ended up getting!

I like AME's suggestion of getting something that matches the shank of your Ering. Therefore, a full eternity ring (shared prong) with melee size close to that of your shank will be great. To avoid potential problem of diamonds from adjacent ring eating into the metal part or damaging the diamonds of your Ering, you may want to sandwich the rings with a thin spacer (1-2 mm wide, depending on the width of your shank and your taste). Another option, that eliminates the need for a spacer, is to get a channel-set eternity ring (similar to Whiteflash's Honey ring).

As much as I prefer the clean look of a single, solitaire diamond ring (to let the center diamond stand out without distraction), I always pair my solitaire ring with a 2-mm plain band (which I also use as a spacer ring when stacking) or a channel-set "Honey" ring. Reason is that without a second band, my E-ring tends to spin with the top-heavy diamond landing somewhere to my middle finger or baby finger.

As for LIllyan25's suggestion about getting a custom made curved band, I guess the motivation is to avoid a gap between your Ering and the stacked band. If the design of your Ering is such that the cup holding the pear diamond is higher than the stacked band, then the gap will be minimized and you will not need a curved band. When selecting my solitaire setting and stacked rings, I take the rings' height into consideration.

Reactions: ame
For a wedding band- try the 3/4 eternity. And take a look at some stacking spacer ideas for fun add ons. A bubble band goes with lots of different styles and can make your set feel less "static" or formal. A thin twist band in white or rose gold will also shake things up a bit....Also, a thin twist band is something you can wear all the time, unlike pave, so if you get one now, you'll be able to have it on your hand on your wedding day and make it part of your set, or something for everyday wear if you aren't wearing your pave. I sleep in a twist band and bubble band, then just add on my ering or 5 stone during the day.

Reactions: Missy1726
I have the exact same problem. You might consider getting it custom made so the band curves along the bottom of the ring. However after a few of consideration I decided not to get a band because I think it takes sways from the actual beauty of the ring. Also if I wear it together with a band, the ring no longer looks symmetrical. But that's just my personal preference. Let me know what you ended up getting!

I actually don't need to worry about it because it can slide under without any issues with space. I'm probably going to go with 1/2 E band and be boring haha

I like AME's suggestion of getting something that matches the shank of your Ering. Therefore, a full eternity ring (shared prong) with melee size close to that of your shank will be great. To avoid potential problem of diamonds from adjacent ring eating into the metal part or damaging the diamonds of your Ering, you may want to sandwich the rings with a thin spacer (1-2 mm wide, depending on the width of your shank and your taste). Another option, that eliminates the need for a spacer, is to get a channel-set eternity ring (similar to Whiteflash's Honey ring).

As much as I prefer the clean look of a single, solitaire diamond ring (to let the center diamond stand out without distraction), I always pair my solitaire ring with a 2-mm plain band (which I also use as a spacer ring when stacking) or a channel-set "Honey" ring. Reason is that without a second band, my E-ring tends to spin with the top-heavy diamond landing somewhere to my middle finger or baby finger.

As for LIllyan25's suggestion about getting a custom made curved band, I guess the motivation is to avoid a gap between your Ering and the stacked band. If the design of your Ering is such that the cup holding the pear diamond is higher than the stacked band, then the gap will be minimized and you will not need a curved band. When selecting my solitaire setting and stacked rings, I take the rings' height into consideration.

Thankfully a band will fit under no problem so I don't have space issues or gap issues. I thought I was a solitaire round girl but my fingers are too fat so anything looked too small even a 1.5. So I went with the pear to make my size 10 finger 'slimmer'