Website selling fake Gustto?

Lola

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
I bought a Gustto Setela bag from Nordies, but then I saw a website that was offering the same bag for about $110 less (including shipping). So ordered from the website. But now I am comparing the two bags, and I think the bag from the website is a FAKE!

I took pictures to document the differences. You can click on the pics to enlarge them:

1. Gustto's metal studs have the word "Gustto" stamped on them. On the hardward stud on the side, the fake bag has the stud the is upside down. So the word "Gustto" is upside down. The real bag has both studs facing the correct way.
upsidedown!.jpg Right side up.jpg

2. On the fake, the strips of leather are very thin and cheap. On the real bag, the zipper pulls are wider and have little metal studs.
thin strips.jpgThick strips.jpg

3. The zipper on the fake bag is black. The zipper on the real bag is grey, which blends in with the color of the bag much better.
black zipper.jpggrey zipper.jpg

4. The stud "feet" on the bottom of the fake bag looks like a cheap screw. The stud feet on the real bag is more polished and doesn't protrude out as much. The second picture shows the studs side by side. The fake is on the left.
fake studs.jpgfake n real stud.jpg

5. On the fake bag the straps are sewn poorly. One side is thicker than the other--the left side is much thicker. The border and stitches on the real bag are perfectly even. The first pic is the fake.
fake strap.jpgreal strap.jpg

6. On the bottom of the fake, there is a cardboard which doesn't make the bag as slouchy. The real bag does not have a cardboard bottom.

I'm more than happy to disclose which website I got the fake from, but first I want to make sure I have permission from the Mods. I don't know if it is against the rules.

I got the bag from vialuxury.com

I will never order from them again. When I called the "customer service line" it was always the same woman who was always on the phone having a personal call. I could hear her gabbing in the background when she told me to hold on. I think it is a one woman shop in Brooklyn.

I got the bag from vialuxury.com

I will never order from them again. When I called the "customer service line" it was always the same woman who was always on the phone having a personal call. I could hear her gabbing in the background when she told me to hold on. I think it is a one woman shop in Brooklyn.

Hello,

My name is Jackie, and I am the one who helped this lady from wheeling, IL that post The (I got the bag from vialuxury.com)
I asked her to please "HOLD" so what? is anything wrong to ask to "HOLD"
smile.gif
I did not have any personal call.so I don't know what is the "problem"

Best,
Jackie

Hello,

My name is Jackie, and I am the one who helped this lady from wheeling, IL that post The (I got the bag from vialuxury.com)
I asked her to please "HOLD" so what? is anything wrong to ask to "HOLD"
smile.gif
I did not have any personal call.so I don't know what is the "problem"

Best,
Jackie

I spoke to a Gustto sales rep and expressed some concerns due to your postings, they in fact confirmed that Vialuxury is one of NYC very select Authorized Dealers and all there stock comes directly from the Gustto factory.
They also mentioned that all the bags are hand made and that Vialuxury is a reputable and authorized dealer of top brands. I understand you jumping to conclusions with all the stuff going on the internet. I am comfortable with my findings and have ordered my Gustto Estiva and cant wait..