Webkinz whats the deal?

^^^They are $9.99 a piece, but since they have become so popular, now there are rare ones, and some ppl sell them on ebay for $30-$40. My little sister wanted a black lab I think (?) and it was nowhere to be found in any of the stores, so they bought it for her on ebay for $30. Kind of a rip-off, I think, but they make her happy.

Bumping this thread back up. :graucho:

Just last night I was reminiscing about the fun Beanie Baby days... and this morning I read an article on the HOT Webkinz toys! I've seen them in Hallmark stores but never even picked one up...

So being the obsessive compulsive that I am, I looked up stores and lo and behold there is a store in my dinky little town that sells them! I thought I'd just go and check them out but was NOT going to buy one. No way!

Outside of the store is a big sign: We Now Have WEBKINZ!!

uh oh... a sign? :wtf: Here in Dinky Town??

Sure enough -- big ol' display right inside the doors! CUTE as can be!

I got the Cheeky Monkey, a Pink Poodle and a Tiger!

Can't wait to get to the store in another town tomorrow and see what they have!!! :nuts:

Attachments

• CIMG0762.JPG
    CIMG0762.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 31
I think the craze has died down a bit. I tried to get one for my mom's boss' daughter in March for her birthday, and I couldn't find them at all, but now I see them in stores all the time. I was at the Hallmark in Philly (17th & Chestnut) and they had about 50 in stock yesterday.