Web site verification

dweb

Jan 30, 2009
Have a question...Can you trust a website offering authentic handbags if they are a member of the Site Trust Newtwork ? They have the logo on the bottom of thier homepage which brings you there and there is a write up on the company and it's policies and goods etc. So websites can join this company pay a fee and get validation that they are what they say they are. Why would they bother if they were selling fakes. Just based on this info without knowing the name would you be inclined to trust them ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Gina,
Handbaghouse.net is the site. So even with a recomendation from Site Trust Network it's still a scam. Unreal. I'm going to let them know they are vouching for a company that sells fakes. I'm sure as long as someone is willing to fork over the membership dues they don't really give a crap....

Well, some legal entity needs to be all over this Site Trust Network, as they CLAIM that one of the criteria that must be met for acceptance is LEGALITY..
"The website and the website owner cannot break any local or international laws. This includes spam and copyright laws. The products & services must be genuine. The web site must not provide any intentionally misleading information or services."

BUT... Disclaimer While we make every effort to ensure the validity of the information provided, SiteTrust Network makes no guarantees concerning the security, reliability and trustworthiness of the website in question.

What a CROCK! :cursing:

But out of US jurisdiction.. located in AU

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: SITETRUSTNETWORK.COM
Created on: 07-JUN-07
Expires on: 07-JUN-09
Last Updated on: 16-OCT-08

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Walshaw, Rowan [email protected]
Rowan Walshaw
4 Davidson Parade
Cremorne
Sydney, NSW 2090
AU
612 999 1794

Well I emailed them and got a response from Rown himself. I told him they have some subscribers seling fake goods. This is his response:

Hi DON,

At the SiteTrust Network we take the trustworthiness of our member websites very seriously. I am not currently aware of any evidence that handbaghouse.net is selling fake handbags. If you could provide any information that suggests otherwise I will certainly look into it.

Thank you for getting in touch. We can't fully monitor all activities of our member websites, so shoppers such as yourself provide an invaluable service in keeping our network free of fraudulent stores.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Rowan
SiteTrust Network Support
[email protected]
http://www.sitetrustnetwork.com