Web orders and cancellations

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
Hopefully this is the right spot for this but I ordered a bag from Barneys the other day. I know dept stores make it a bad habit of letting the order go through and then sending an order cancellation email a few days later b/c someone ordered it before me.

However, do they still put a hold on the $ on the cc until it's confirmed whether or not the bag is going to be shipped?

I just had a similar experience with Styledrops. I paid with paypal last night and this morning I had received an email saying that they no longer had the bag I purchased. I was told my Paypal account would be refunded in a couple of days.

most places only charge upon shipment. but it may still check to make sure the funds are there, which means it could in theory come out of your available balance :confused1: your best bet would be to call the store.

I know that if you pay with credit card they will effectively charge you just after shipping the item, if you pay with paypal you immediately transfer the amount.But it's all written in the website policy.