Weatherproofing?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Any suggestions or recommendations on what to use to weatherproof your bags? I just got a nice new one and want to make sure it stays that way.

2. Is it leather or suede?

3. Leather but I wouldn't mind suggestions for both. My poor suede bags would like to escape the closet already.

4. I've never actually waterproofed my leather bags, but for suede I just use good old Meltonian waterproofing spray.

5. Either Kiwi waterproof spray or collinil waterproof spray.

6. I had a Coach suede swingpack that one SA told me to guard with a special spray for suede. I did as she suggested and the bag picked up every little piece of dirt. Soon my lilac bag was gray. I took it to a different Coach store and they gave me a new one. The SA at that store said never to do anything to Coach suede - it should do better on its own. So, I guess it depends on the bag. You might check with the company/designer.

7. Thanks all. I just got my new Botkier but now that I think about it the pebbled leather should be OK on it's own.

8. I am so tempted to buy the Shining Monkey and test it out on my Gucci. I try not to bring my nicer bags out in the rain but just wanted to have some protection in case I spill water or I'm caught in the rain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice