Weatherproofing? Care tips...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am receiving my first Chloe today, a beautiful Jeans Moyen Paddington. Do you suggest treating with a spray such as Collonil? Is there something better? Do you use a conditioner on your bag?

2. Congrats on your first Chloe! I use Cadillac Shield Spray and Cadillac Leather Conditioner on all my bags (3 Chloes) and shoes. Works very well, no discoloration. Bought inexpensively from Nordstrom.

3. I just read in your other thread that the Chloe boutique told you they recommend doing nothing. That's terrible advice. Leather needs to be cared for properly, especially over time. I would use waterproofing spray before taking a new bag out and use conditioner at least after the first year, when the leather starts looking dry (depends on your climate).

4. I used the Cadillac Boot & Shoe Care Leather Conditioner and am very pleased with the results. The leather is even softer then before. I will certainly keep up with this care routine. Since it includes a protectant, I didn't use any spray. Is it necessary to?

I, too, was shocked at the boutiques response. "Consult an expert". I thought I was by calling them! Lol